dont know if this is the right thread, but ive composed a song in guitar pro and exported the MIDI to reason, it has tons of instruments and sounds cool, but theres an instrument which is a guitar with the following tuning:

e
b
g
D
A
A#

and reason doesnt want to play that note (hell spawn guitar is the instrument im using just in case)

any clue? is it just because the note is really low?????
Quote by L2112Lif
And, who uses Reason anyway?

I use Reason, amongst other things....

It's happened to me a few times TS, It's either got something to do with how it won't allow certain instruments to go below a certain note or you have a frequency filter set to cut-off all notes below a certain frequency.

If you are using the advanced sampler, it's probably the first case as you are using samples (which sound shit/non-existant when downtuned too much) instead creating your own synthesis/sounds.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
I use Reason, amongst other things....

It's happened to me a few times TS, It's either got something to do with how it won't allow certain instruments to go below a certain note or you have a frequency filter set to cut-off all notes below a certain frequency.

If you are using the advanced sampler, it's probably the first case as you are using samples (which sound shit/non-existant when downtuned too much) instead creating your own synthesis/sounds.

how do i remove that ****ing filter? how do i create my own sounds?
how do i remove that ****ing filter?

Bypass it...But I don't think that's the problem in your case to begin with.

how do i create my own sounds?

By using the built-in synths and effects with some knowledge of sound design.

Bring in a Thor or subtractor or something, initialize patch, and the sky's your limit. But I wouldn't recommend relying on synths and samples for a guitar unless you're chopping them up to make some abstract collage. Record an actual guitar...nothing can beat the real thing if that's the sound you're looking for.
Quote by MapOfYourHead
how do i remove that ****ing filter?

Bypass it...But I don't think that's the problem in your case to begin with.

how do i create my own sounds?

By using the built-in synths and effects with some knowledge of sound design.

Bring in a Thor or subtractor or something, initialize patch, and the sky's your limit. But I wouldn't recommend relying on synths and samples for a guitar unless you're chopping them up to make some abstract collage. Record an actual guitar...nothing can beat the real thing if that's the sound you're looking for.

well, im supposed to make a song in REASON