So I'm saving up money to buy a Tremonti SE and the Tremonti pickups. And there's a guy on ebay who makes custom decals that will make the tribal decals for me so yeah. Anyone else played a Tremonti SE so I can know what to expect? There's no licensed PRS dealer around here.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
They are nice.
flintazra wrote:

I think the next person to shoot up a school should list Jonas brothers and Hannah Montana as his favorite "musicians."
I love PRS's. Too rich for my blood though.
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
Too rich for mine so I have to get the SE
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
I'm not sure about the Tremonti, but PRS SE singlecuts have a pretty "average" sized neck in my opinion. Pretty thick but not too thick.

I'm not too sure you should just jump and buy it though. You may hate the neck. Just because you like Tremonti doesn't mean you may find the same neck shape as his comfortable. (Just a side thought)

I'd say ask around for any guitars with a comparable neck and try those. That way you have some kind of idea for what the Tremonti will feel like.

In terms of general quality I THINK the tremonti is made in Korea, my friends Paul Allender SE is also Korean and with the limited time I've played it, I'd say the quality is pretty good.
I play a ESP Viper 1000 so I don't know how different the neck will be. The tremonti pickups are his signature pickups. It's the hottest pickup that PRS makes.

Edit: This is what it's going to look like with the custom decals I'm having made and the tremonti pickups http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/PRSMT3.htm
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Last edited by mustaine42 at Jul 15, 2010,
I just searched it, the Tremonti has the same neck as the Paul Allender. You SHOULD be okay if you've been playing on an LTD neck. It might take a while to get used to. But I still stand by what I said before.

Try to find a guitar with a neck similar to PRS's "wide-thin" and play it.
Well I should be ordering it and the decal next week. I'll get used to it. I play an ltd, an sg, a fender and a warlock. I should be fine.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
It definitely needs a pickup change. I was debating getting mine over the fact it had a wide-fat neck rather than a wide-thin like the REAL Tremonti's, and a few very comfortable PRS's. I still think it would have been better with a wide-thin, but it really is still easy to play, and as a cheap guitar it saves you cash to spend on the parts that are right for you.
Well Ill be getting the pick ups too
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
The necks not that much fatter than the USA tremonti (which is a custom profile). It's similar in size and feel to an epiphone les paul neck.

If you get some locking tuners and upgrade the pickups to the real deal, you'll have a cracking axe.
I mean I love my Viper 1000 but it doesn't handle drop tunings at all because when I got it, the action was incredibllllyyyyy low. And when I decided to drop tune, it failed. I might be wrong on what's causing that though. I heard that the Tremonti holds them really well
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Quote by mustaine42
Well Ill be getting the pick ups too

Then you'll be set.

Actually, like haz said, you might want to check into locking tuners, if yours gives you any trouble. The stability on mine has improved slightly over short time, but it goes out of tune here and there, which is why I'm checking into them.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at Jul 16, 2010,
My Viper has locking tuners on it.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150