hey everyone. im looking for a distortion/overdrive pedal that is good for classic rock and heavy metal. i play lots of led zeppelin, cream, hendrix and other stuff like that. but at the same time i also like heavy metal like megadeth, metallica and ozzy.
im playing through a marshall lead 20. its kinda a rare amp, so ill explain. it only has one channel. if you turn the gain before 6 its clean, and past 6 it starts going from crunch to distortion, but it doesnt really get that distorted. im looking for a pedal that has a good tone, because i plan on putting the amp clean, and let the pedal do the distortion.
other than that im looking for something that doesnt sound too digital, and the cheaper the better. i dont mind buying used, and my price range is less than 100, but like i said the cheaper the better.

so any suggestions?

thanks
Marshall Jackhammer might suit you with the amp - if you mess with eq, that is.

Quote by davem27
hey everyone. im looking for a distortion/overdrive pedal that is good for classic rock and heavy metal. i play lots of led zeppelin, cream, hendrix and other stuff like that. but at the same time i also like heavy metal like megadeth, metallica and ozzy.
im playing through a marshall lead 20. its kinda a rare amp, so ill explain. it only has one channel. if you turn the gain before 6 its clean, and past 6 it starts going from crunch to distortion, but it doesnt really get that distorted. im looking for a pedal that has a good tone, because i plan on putting the amp clean, and let the pedal do the distortion.
other than that im looking for something that doesnt sound too digital, and the cheaper the better. i dont mind buying used, and my price range is less than 100, but like i said the cheaper the better.

so any suggestions?

thanks