so long story short, my girlfriend feels she should "get even" gift wise, and she feels she needs to get me something awesome for christmas to make up for the gifts i've gotten her

i would like to use this oppurtunity to try to improve my gear as much as possible, but if only very slight improvements are possible i'll just ask for a decent digital camera from her

her budget is like 200-500 US dollars as i recall

so based off my sig, what should i improve?

i have a POD xt live in the fx loop of my amp, which i use for fx, and while yes not absolutely kickass, i plan on saving up for an axe fx, so i don't want to ask her for something that expensive

so should i:

1: improve a guitar somehow
2: get a pedal
3: something else?

thanks for any suggestions
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Maybe you'd like some effects that traditionally go in front of your amp, like a nice wah or OD. Chorus, flanger, delay, etc is probably fine on your pod for now.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Don't know, man. If you feel you're not missing anything, you probably don't need anything... and your rig seems pretty sweet as it is. However, if it was ME, I'd go crazy and look for kick-ass, second-hand guitars. Can't have too many of those!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
i already got a nice wah, good ideas though, not sure i need a fuzz pedal or od

i was thinking maybe upgrading a guitar, maybe some bare knuckles?

EDIT: also for consideration is a decent pa or monitor to run my pod into for modeling, thoughts?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Last edited by Metalmaker at Jul 15, 2010,
So should I just go for a decently price pa, upgrading a guitar, or just a digital camera?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
Tell her she can work it off.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
dont get gear...

get something like a watch or something slightly more sentimental?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You know what would melt her heart? To have her name to have her name on your guitar neck spelled by the fret inlays. Either get a luthier or buy a custom made neck for it, it would ve a gift for both of you
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
You know what would melt her heart? To have her name to have her name on your guitar neck spelled by the fret inlays. Either get a luthier or buy a custom made neck for it, it would ve a gift for both of you

kickass idea, but my guitar already has pretty sweet inlays

About the more sentimental thing, idk at this point

Might just go for a camera cuz it would be useful for more than guitar, thanks though guys
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious