and it hurts like a complete bitch. How long does it take to be able to eat normally again and for most of the pain to subside? Also, any tips to make it less painful?
Sending a dummy to my God.

All 4? About 3-5 days to eat even things that are soft. Take the painkillers, use ice to help the swelling, ect. Also, get somebody to go to the store and get ice cream, applesauce, yogurt, and chicken noodle soup.

DoomdEdit: Rinse with warm salt water, too. That helps a lot more than you think it will.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by protest000
and it hurts like a complete bitch. How long does it take to be able to eat normally again and for most of the pain to subside? Also, any tips to make it less painful?

Cut a finger off. Then it'll be like the pain in your mouth doesn't hurt as much
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Get them removed.
When I got them they fit perfectly so I felt no pain nor had the need to remove them.
I didnt really have that much of a problem with the pain. i was pretty lucky, they say everyone reacts differently. My sister and brother spent the next couple of days pretty much sleeping, where as i was up and energetic and didnt need any painkillers. but probably 3 days for most of the pain to go away if ur having problems with it.

The only real annoying thing is the eating. Definately get ice cream, yogurt, soup; just dont use a straw or you'll have a major problem. dont try to force solid foods if ur not ready, i popped a stitch and it started bleeding for hours without end. use alot of ice packs for swelling early on, it will help alot with swelling.

usually it takes about 5 days before you can eat soft solid foods without much of a problem. but its still annoying to eat because if you eat something thats hard and you bite where ur wisdom teeth were its gonna hurt like a bitch. and it takes many months before the holes close up and you stop getting food stuck in there which is also a huge pain.
Atleast a week till the throbbing and pain starts to slow. It took me about two weeks before I was confidently chewing my food again. Make sure rinse your mouth out with salt water.
My friend got his removed and was fine in a dsay, he just couldn't eat solid food for about 3 day
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Quote by schecter ftw
God dammit, I gotta get mine out tomorrow. >.<

Were you put under for the operation or were you awake TS?

I dont think they take out teeth anymore without putting you under. unless your doctor/dentist learned everything he needed to know through the game operation.
it depends on the person. i had mine taken out a few weeks ago, and they still hurt slightly, but not enough for me to notice unless i bite down extremely hard.

but you can eat soft food right away, but it depends what it is though. like for example, i ate chicken and mashed potatoes the night after the surgery, but the chicken had to be chopped up into pieces i could swallow if i couldnt chew it. (remember if you try to eat to not let it get behind your teeth, try to swallow the food without chewing and to let it cool down, colder is better)

if your in pain try pain meds if they were givin to you, ice helps somewhat, so does keeping your head elevated when you sleep.
rise against fan

Quote by Andrea55
My favorite anteater.

Quote by trueamerican
Not only do you have good taste in music, but you have good taste in politics