On my Facebook, I post a song every day, with a link to a video of it, as a way of showing people new music. I do this because a lot of the people I know have very limited tastes in music, and I'm just trying to expose people to new songs and bands, in hopes I might show them something they like. Although I don't try to show incredibly obscure bands, I try to choose ones that most people I know don't seem to have heard of; Senses Fail, Placebo, Sage Francis and Explosions In The Sky are some examples of bands I've posted.

Anyways, a friend pointed out that I'm really only showing bands that I'm a fan of, so it gets a bit repetitive. So, I'm asking The Pit for advice; what are some mildly-unknown bands that you'd recommend me posting, and a song from them that people may like?

I'm just going to say now, Still Searching by Senses Fail would be about the heaviest I've gone yet, and I plan to keep it that way; I'm not saying I don't like heavier music, but it tends to make it less likely that people will like it.
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
BTBAM. Do it faggot

Also, Eluvium is pretty awesome ambient music. Don't know how well know it is tho
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
Quote by genghisgandhi
Spoiler Alert!

Nobody clicks those link except that one guy. Trust me.
I've gotten comments and responses from quite a few people; I was actually kind of surprised by it.
I'd just stop, seems like you're just forcing your tastes on other people that probably don't care/ happy with their taste anyway.
Quote by RhAndroid
I'd just stop, seems like you're just forcing your tastes on other people that probably don't care/ happy with their taste anyway.
Actually, a few people have thanked me for showing them new bands. I try to pick things that most people would like, instead of just posting my absolute favorites over and over.
Quote by RhAndroid

Dude, it's Facebook. Nobody's forcing anything onto anyone. It's like making an announcement to a voluntary audience. If they don't care, they don't have to pay any attention to it.

That said, the people who don't like it are probably tired of it and have blocked you.
SAD BUT TRUE

On Topic: promote The Gaslight Anthem. They're getting more well-known, but I think they're a band that a lot of people would like.
Quote by RhAndroid

OR, they might not have to listen to them if they don't give a shit. Maybe some people are interested in finding new music and just don't know where to look, especially withing genres they aren't familiar with. I always listen to music I haven't heard of when people link it on facebook.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by TomusAM
Try something by Periphery. They're mildly unknown, except to anyone that frequents Sevenstring.org or some of the other parts of the forums (B&A and Electric Guitar mostly. Maybe GG&A too). Some of the songs like "Jetpacks Was Yes" aren't too heavy, and could interest some people. And if they're up for some instrumental, they can easily listen to most of the songs like "All New Materials" or "Light" under Bulb/(Misha Mansoor)'s name and not Periphery's.

But yeah, go with Jetpacks was Yes.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 15, 2010,
I used to do the same thing... lol
Post whatever your want!!!
But given your taste, I'd suggest:
Sunny Day Realestate
Reggie and the Full Effect
Quote by Pat_s1t
Try something by Periphery. They're mildly unknown, except to anyone that frequents Sevenstring.org or some of the other parts of the forums (B&A and Electric Guitar mostly. Maybe GG&A too). Some of the songs like "Jetpacks Was Yes" aren't too heavy, and could interest some people. And if they're up for some instrumental, they can easily listen to most of the songs like "All New Materials" or "Light" under Bulb/(Misha Mansoor)'s name and not Periphery's.

But yeah, go with Jetpacks was Yes.

I recommend this too. Periphery is pretty awesome.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by TomusAM
Does it have to be hard rock/metal? You could try doing a new genre every week or something! that might be cool! I know I would appreciate it, the same ol' music genres get horribly boring after a while

EDIT: I didn't notice that you had Sage Francis up there! Well played, sir

Anyway, I am of the opinion that Elliott Smith is being forgotten, show the people the song "A Fond Farewell"
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Last edited by zippidyduda at Jul 15, 2010,
I wouldn't say Sage Francis, Placebo, or Explosions In The Sky are hard rock or metal.

I know what you mean; I mean, obviously, if I really don't like a song, I'm not going to post it, but I try to keep an open mind, and present a decent variety.

And keep the suggestions coming; the reason I'm not responding is because I'm looking up the bands everyone's suggesting.
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by herby190
I wouldn't say Sage Francis, Placebo, or Explosions In The Sky are hard rock or metal.

I know what you mean; I mean, obviously, if I really don't like a song, I'm not going to post it, but I try to keep an open mind, and present a decent variety.

And keep the suggestions coming; the reason I'm not responding is because I'm looking up the bands everyone's suggesting.

I honestly didn't look at the bands you put up as samples, I just assumed a pit monkey would be exclusively br00talz My bad! haha

How bout Atmosphere? He's pretty big in the alt-rap scene, but I don't think too many people know about him.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by zippidyduda
I honestly didn't look at the bands you put up as samples, I just assumed a pit monkey would be exclusively br00talz My bad! haha

How bout Atmosphere? He's pretty big in the alt-rap scene, but I don't think too many people know about him.
The only song I've heard from him is Trying To Find a Balance; I liked it, but it's in a rather popular games soundtrack, so I'd feel odd posting it... any suggestions from him?
Quote by herby190
The only song I've heard from him is Trying To Find a Balance; I liked it, but it's in a rather popular games soundtrack, so I'd feel odd posting it... any suggestions from him?

Guarantees is another great track
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by genghisgandhi
Spoiler Alert!

Nobody clicks those link except that one guy. Trust me.

This, I'm sorry to say it TS, but if someone posted songs that I didn't know the band of, I wouldn't click the link, many of my friends post Dub step links, and I never click them

I'm quite close minded but I imagine most of your friends are if the haven't heard of at least one of those bands, and if Senses Fail is as heavy as you're going to go....
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
This, I'm sorry to say it TS, but if someone posted songs that I didn't know the band of, I wouldn't click the link, many of my friends post Dub step links, and I never click them

I'm quite close minded but I imagine most of your friends are if the haven't heard of at least one of those bands, and if Senses Fail is as heavy as you're going to go....

If he went any heavier, noone would like it.

Anyway TS, I think its a good idea, I click those links all the time. I think most people are fairly open with music, but are too lazy/dont have time to look up the good underground bands
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Give em some dance music too. If they're normal Americans they'll "WTF TECHNO" at you, and then you can break stereotypes (unless, of course, you do link techno, which is crap)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Give em some dance music too. If they're normal Americans they'll "WTF TECHNO" at you, and then you can break stereotypes (unless, of course, you do link techno, which is crap)
Closest to techno I've posted is awhile ago, I posted Symptom Finger by The Faint; I got complaints from someone that they couldn't get it out of their head.
Porcupine Tree, King Crimson, maybe some funk like Funkadelic or Sly and the Family Stone. Those are my suggestions
Post The Crystal Method, deadmau5 (whose FB page, btw, is hilarious), guys like that, for the American audience We don't seem to like anything else much, which is unfortunate.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)