Can anyone help me with soloing like Angus Young or Joel O'Keefe (from Airbourne, very similar styles)

I know the minor pentatonic blues scale, so where can I go from here? do I need to know more scales or can I just solo like Angus on the scale that I've already got?
Play their songs? Learning them will give you the basic understanding of how they play, which licks they use and etc.
what he says ^ learn the songs and the solos and you will get to see what licks they play and how they use them.
basicly that for learning any guitarists style of playing
For angus young you need to have two key characteristics; use of Pentatonic scale and cramming as many notes from the previously mentioned scale as possible into the end of a phrase/solo(creating a slurry effect) and hoping for the best.
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Last edited by ILuvPillows? at Jul 15, 2010,
Don't forget you also need a Gibson SG plugged into a wall of Marshalls with no effects; a schoolboy uniform and you also need to dance around the stage headbanging for 2 hours straight :-)
Listen to too much Chuck Berry...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by kerkhammet
Can anyone help me with soloing like Angus Young or Joel O'Keefe (from Airbourne, very similar styles)

I know the minor pentatonic blues scale, so where can I go from here? do I need to know more scales or can I just solo like Angus on the scale that I've already got?

You got just about all you need to solo like Angus Young, I'd come up with your own style though.
I love how this entire thread has no mention of his vibrato....shame
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
Quote by AngusPetrucci
I love how this entire thread has no mention of his vibrato....shame

Angus does have a bitchin vibrato...
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09