Okay, this is probably a bit of a weird problem. When I got the guitar, everything sounded perfect, no buzzing, no hissing, nothing. However, recently, I noticed that when I play any string open, there is a buzzing sound emanating from around the neck pickup. I hear this mostly when playing unplugged, but it seems that that is just a matter of volume.

Also, the sound is worst when playing the A D and G strings open, closed I cannot hear a thing.

This comes with three things, one, my strings are a touch blemished (rust?) and the top pickup casing can be flip-flopped quite a bit. Moreover, when I play the strings when the guitar is on the stand, I do not hear the sound.

I figure something is a bit loose around the pickup, but I daren't go exploring without some advice first.

Oh yeah, as a final question, my guitar is in the sun during some time of the day, a few hours of evening sun. Is that a bad thing?
its probably just the springs that keep your pickup from falling into your guitar, nothing to really worry about
Somethings vibrating. Could be a spring as mentioned. Won't do anything but annoy you.

You should keep it out of the sun, though. If nothing else, it will fade your finish.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an
Quote by T1nuz

Oh yeah, as a final question, my guitar is in the sun during some time of the day, a few hours of evening sun. Is that a bad thing?

I don't understand... Do you take it outside to sunbathe every evening?
Prolonged sunlight is bad for most anything man-made. Especially anything with color or wood. It ruins beer too. If the light is coming in through a window, you should either get a blind, move the guitar, cover it, or put it in a case.
Quote by jerm138
I don't understand... Do you take it outside to sunbathe every evening?
Prolonged sunlight is bad for most anything man-made. Especially anything with color or wood. It ruins beer too. If the light is coming in through a window, you should either get a blind, move the guitar, cover it, or put it in a case.

Well, I take it out for a lovely stroll every evening, then have dinner with it, talk sweet words and play with her all night long....

Nah, the sun is coming through a window. There should be a blind on it soon, but not for another month or so. I wasn't worried about the finish, but more on the effects of the heat on the sound and electronics.

@Concat: Yes, I will change them. But they are 2 weeks old (came on the guitar), so I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway, for now, funding is quite dry so it'll have to wait a bit.
They don't put strings on when you get the guitar. If the strings came with the guitar, chances are they've been on it for many months already, if not years, depending on where you got it from.

Does your guitar have a Floyd Rose type bridge?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
They don't put strings on when you get the guitar. If the strings came with the guitar, chances are they've been on it for many months already, if not years, depending on where you got it from.

Does your guitar have a Floyd Rose type bridge?

Well, the shop I bought it from apparently only sells guitars that are 'set up'. They have strings on them, are tuned, ready to play. So yeah, I figured a bunch of people may have already played it, still, I would have guessed minimal wear on the strings. Anyway, I will replace them as soon as my sponsor (read: employer) donates again.

No, I have a fixed bridge, a les paul bridge, based on the pictures (is an Epi SG400)