After about two weeks of waiting for MusiciansFriend to finally get one in stock so I could use my 20% off coupon, I present to you...

Ok ok ok, I know the box is really making it hard for you to guess what it is, so I took a few more...

Front:

The "Tweakers":

From left to right: Input, deep/tight switch, normal/bright switch, gain, clean/hot switch, standard EQ knobs, Brit/AC/USA switch, master volume, modern/vintage switch, standby, power.

Back:

From left to right: Power, voltage selector, fuse, extension out, speaker speaker out, impedence switch, effects loop.

The Review: Sorry, unable to take clips, no mic yet

So I was a little skeptical at first when making this purchase. It wasn't because of the amp itself, but the condition of how I would get it in. After waiting a couple weeks, there was one that popped up on MusiciansFriend used in Like New condition, which was about $60 off of the new price. After I used my GAS coupon (20% off order), the total came out to be around $425. With that price, i'll take my chance.

My first impression of it was that it was pretty heavy. The shipping label said 41 lbs and TBH it makes my now-obsolete Vypyr 30 feel like a paperweight. After tearing everything out of the box like a kid on Christmas, it had everything you would expect; power cord, owners manual, Egnater catalog. The owner's manual was very detailed as far as giving you about a dozen settings to help you get started on your tone hunt.

After plugging it in and letting the tubes warm up for about a minute, I set it on a vintage US clean channel with the EQ at noon and was awe-struck. It reminded me again why I got sucked into playing it every time I walked into GC. I messed around with a couple of the settings in the manual, doing a couple adjustments here and there, and to be completely honest, I couldn't find one sound that I didn't like. It cleans up amazingly well while still being able to produce a deep chug without a problem. Having a master volume is a major plus as well.

As far as the quality of the effects loop and how it handles pedals, I can't answer that question because I don't have any. I've always played straight-in to every amp I've had, but I am considering an overdrive pedal just in case I feel like going wild one day.

The only cons I have with it is the fact that, like most vintage combos, the controls are on the back of the top. That being said, with all of the "tweaker" settings possible, it can eventually become a backbreaker if you have it sitting on the floor.

All in all, the amp is amazing. Everything I expected out of my first "real" all-tube amp. It will definitely stay in my arsenal for a long, long time.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Sick! HNAD!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Sweet! I'll have to check one of these out soon, it's been a while since I've been to a shop
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
So jealous. Ordered mine the 2nd week of June or so and GC says it's still on backorder. They were supposed to get it in the 13th of this month. Nope. I emailed GC and the next in stock date may be 8-20. Dagger.

/vent

I hope you enjoy it. I'm stoked to get mine!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Quote by sixstringedmatt
So jealous. Ordered mine the 2nd week of June or so and GC says it's still on backorder. They were supposed to get it in the 13th of this month. Nope. I emailed GC and the next in stock date may be 8-20. Dagger.

/vent

I hope you enjoy it. I'm stoked to get mine!

Man that is nuts! Every time I walk into GC they have at least two of them on the showroom. I don't see what the holdup is, MF was saying the same thing, I just happened to nab the only used one they had.

Oh, and thank you all above for the HNAD's, much appreciated!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Damn, I so want one of those. The Tweaker is literally the next thing on my 'to buy' list. Hopefully they will be in stock when I'm finished saving up.

anywho, HNAD!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya pretty much as good as I said it was?
just checkin in. carry on.

Yeah man. They kept it in a little shadowy corner in the GC loudroom here. They would always get pissed off when I walked in there and moved the stool from the expensive heads and cabs to it. "Hey man, have you checked out the Mesa Triple Bafoofinator?", "No, but this Tweaker is the shiz" ... "Yeah, it's alright."
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
15/7 watt right?

Cool amp. I really like it. Nice grab. Sorry about the hassles. HNAD

It's a solid 15W, although I wish it turned down to 7. And thanks!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
luckyluckylucky you! I want one.

HNGAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
luckyluckylucky you! I want one.

HNGAD!

Thanks man.

Hows that VT50 working out for you?
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by acdcrocks0323
How does it compare to your old Palomino?

I never had a Palomino?
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE