so i have all of my pedals set for my guitar set up

background info:
Running two amps.. one Egnater renegade and one Bugera 6260

in front of the amps i have the pedals set up like this:

Boss Compression sustain - Boss Equalizer - Boss Super Chorus - Boss Noise Suppressor - Boss Volume Pedal - LiveWire ABY Box

from the ABY i am going to channel A to the L input of my Line 6 DL4, and B to the R input of my DL4, then from the L output i am going to my EHX Big Muff to my Bugera, and on the R output i am going to my Egnater.

The problem i am having is i tried out this set up the other day with my friends solid state marshall in place of the bugera (i havent tried it with the bugera yet). whenever both amps are plugged in there is a loud hum coming through both. but when i just have the Egnater plugged in it doesnt really make that much of a sound.

could anyone help me out with this? maybe a different arrangement? id like to have the ping pong kinda delay going still though. and its gotta have two inputs for that.

thanks for the help

-Tyler
i was thinking that, but why would the other amp be making the noise too? its coming out of both
You could've made a ground loop, thats what this sounds like somewhat. However does it do this without the marshall because if you can rule that out as the cause then you can look into finding what's causing it.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
some ABy pedals are crap, and signals bleed thru.

which one you have?

you might want to go straight to...guitar A amp. guitar B amp, guitar AB amp.
make sure the pedal is working correctly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
no without the marshall plugged into the ABY it doesnt do it. but i think it does it even when the marshall is off when its plugged in also

what is a ground loop?
Quote by jj1565
some ABy pedals are crap, and signals bleed thru.

which one you have?

you might want to go straight to...guitar A amp. guitar B amp, guitar AB amp.
make sure the pedal is working correctly.

i have the Livewire one. i think its guitar centers brand of ABY
Does it do it when you plug a different amp in?

A ground loop is where you have a voltage developing in your ground connections because somewhere you have something grounded twice from the same device, and this leads to messed up ground potentials..
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
Does it do it when you plug a different amp in?

A ground loop is where you have a voltage developing in your ground connections because somewhere you have something grounded twice from the same device, and this leads to messed up ground potentials..

i havent gotten a chance to try another amp yet.

what could be making it do the ground loop?
okay, im going to try this with the Bugera today.

does anyone have any suggestions at all that could help me before i leave in a few hours to try this??