I put my iphone up to my humbuckers and it was surreal. It sounded like a mechanical robot... it was like I could hear it's brain. Pressing a button would unleash a flury of hisses, beeps and ticks.

Anyone else experiment with different sounds coming from unlikely sources with their guitar?
cool does it work with an ipod touch
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I got a double male 1/8 inch cord, had one end plugged into my mp3 player and the other end touched to one of the poles on the humbucker. It took some messing around, but you can hear the song through the humbucker to the amp.

I thought it was cool.
I don't think that's wise, I'm pretty sure the magnets in the pickups could mess up an electronic device like that.
Stuff like this works best with singlecoils, since they pick up all sorts of weird beeps and clicks. Like often when i'm sitting at the computer with a guitar on my lap, stuff like clicking the mouse and scrolling through webpages gives off all sorts of beeps and blips and allsorts. Also when someone turns the light on in the hallway it picks up that too, hah.
Last edited by pete-c at Jul 15, 2010,
Check out Mattias Eklundh; he does a lot of that stuff (for instance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq0xvSJojw around the 12:50 mark).

Quote by blooddrunk
a vibrator. seriously !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_OV9tDICEs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR4ekT96hmQ
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 15, 2010,
My friend used to wear his watch when he played and we kept hearing an annoying ticking. Turns out, the pickups were picking up his watch.
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
a teacher of mine , who was awesome, he brought in a 12-string stratocaster, used anything he could find as a slide, he got some interesting sounds going
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee
i used to play around with different TV remote controls, or the remote for my stereo. different devices use different frequencies and will sound different through your pickups. kind of cool! and none of them were ever messed up.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
OMG! I found out an epic one I bet NO ONE knows about!

Hold up your cell phone to your amp and have someone call you.* Epic win sound.

*Might not work with 3G/4G network phones. This was a joke. Just saying.
So far I only noticed this with my Les Paul and SG, I don't recall it on one of my Strat knockoffs, while playing in my friends garage I could pick up the radio. Not a joke at all. My guitars get radio. In one place.
If you yell into my buddy's Telecaster's neck pickup it comes out of the amp. =D That count?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Wisthekiller
So far I only noticed this with my Les Paul and SG, I don't recall it on one of my Strat knockoffs, while playing in my friends garage I could pick up the radio. Not a joke at all. My guitars get radio. In one place.

Dude. We could send secret messages to people that only use guitars using the radio waves... we could take over the world now.

Win.
UG apocalypse!??!!!!!?!?!?!?! WEEEEEEE!
Dempseys68's Chord
e|0
B|5
G|0
D|5
A|0
E|5 Only Gingers and Dempsey can use!
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia, We pledge our orangeness to thee. We are so Frickin' white like candles in the night
Oh Gingonia Oh Gingonia We pledge our SPF Ging to thee
ive done a vibrator to the strings before, sounded pretty trippy actually.

best one was one of those practical joke shock pens. i pressed it against the pickup and it screamed like nothing ive ever heard. kind of a neat effect actually but i bet its hell on your pickups
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
put an earphone against my bassist's pickup and it came.

out of the amp, that is.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Dude you are pretty descriptive, Thats awesome
Live Guitars and Amps:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Es-335
Fender Telecaster
Matchless Dc-30
Vox AC30H2
Pedals:
Boss Tuner
Keeley Compressor
Kelley Katana
Ibanez Ts-9
Fulltone OCD
Ernieball Volume Jr.
Boss DD-20
a phone but thats it.. it sounds cool but i prefer it hen you put a phone up against another phone (whilst you call that phone and answer) with both on loudspeaker
try with some tuning forks. hit them, then hold them too the pickups. lovely sound.
Quote by Xanron
cool does it work with an ipod touch

wow really a pickup is a magnet it will mess your i phone screen up.
haha yeah I wouldn't reccomend it...

It didn't do anything to my screen, but still.
Quote by rickysolima
wow really a pickup is a magnet it will mess your i phone screen up.

I've done it with my Iphone and it's still fine.

Disclaimer: Bonsaischaap or any of its Affiliates will not be responsible for any and all damages to you or any of your belongings resulting from irresponsible behavior encouraged by this post.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!