Hey - i know this is random, and since there isn't a keyboard forum, i don't know where to put this, so apologies - if it has a place please tell me where!

I recently bought a Behringer UMX610 MIDI Workstation, whilst it is great value and amazingly well made (not for Behringer but as a whole), the software that comes with it did not contain a stock piano sound as you would expect. Yet it has countless other effects.

So - after 2 days of searching and Cubase being a complete tard (just wont load up for reasons i simply just know, and i don't have the key for it - or any of the stuff they know require to re-register it), i've ran out of ideas.

So what software comes with a grand piano sound? It can be free or expensive.

I originally bought the 'MIDI workstation' since it was so cheap and so i could double it as a MIDI workstation and actual piano - hence the thread.

Please help, cheers.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Reason.

You said it could be expensive.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Get Edirol's orchestra VSTi, then obsessively download all the free VSTis you can find.

And this isn't random. This is random.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Reinstall Cubase and try to get HAlion to work.

I've tried several times, i seriously don't know what's wrong with it.

Reason for being free or expensive?

Because even if its 'expensive' i'd get it via 'other means'.

I might just get Cubase via 'other means' - but tbh i would prefer an alternative.

But if getting Cubase to work is the only option then it'll have to do ^^ I was asking purely for alternatives before i break out Vuze, since i do legally own Cubase - i just don't know why its being so incredibly stupid.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
I have Cubase 5 from torrents and works perfectly. Just follow the instructions to the letter and it'll work.

I'll pay for Cubase when I can afford it.
Quote by Anthony1991

I might just get Cubase via 'other means' - but tbh i would prefer an alternative.

But if getting Cubase to work is the only option then it'll have to do ^^ I was asking purely for alternatives before i break out Vuze, since i do legally own Cubase - i just don't know why its being so incredibly stupid.

I'd have it by now, but my "other means" stopped downloading.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Anthony1991

Try Reaper, it comes with some stock effects, and get a Piano VST.

All the VST's on this page are free, and most of them are good. There is a piano one in there I believe. http://rekkerd.org/dsk-vsti/
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
You do realise that Reason was a suggestion for a program you could get, don't you?
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by whalepudding
You do realise that Reason was a suggestion for a program you could get, don't you?

Yeah, not a reason for why it could be free or expensive, Reason- the high end, expensive program.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Thanking you all very kindly, i'll give Edirol a go after seeing it on youtube

If im not fond of it i'll get Cubase - again.

Danké!
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster