Ok, I recently bought a bass for almost nothing, as I was taking it apart I found the magnet within the pickup, is broken in half. Will this make the pickup unusable, give it a weird sound or what. The bass does not have a name on it.
you can superglue it back together. it'll alter the magnet's flux slightly but it probably wont sound any different. matter of fact, i'm 99.99% sure you wont hear a difference. i said 99.99% because i'm rarely 100% sure of anything.
Quote by Invader Jim
you can superglue it back together. it'll alter the magnet's flux slightly but it probably wont sound any different. matter of fact, i'm 99.99% sure you wont hear a difference. i said 99.99% because i'm rarely 100% sure of anything.

wouldn't it not sound any different than it would have with the pieces separate then?

i dont know much about pickups, being that pedals are more my thing. but i dont see how it would make a ton of difference since its already broken.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
ah, i agree with that. thanks for clarification.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

That's flaming, I'ma *report* you for that, completely uncessecary. Jim is right about the pickup though.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
add necro-posting to that too..
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Oh, wow, I forgot to tack on that I'm his bandmate. Sorry for any misunderstandings. I was with him when he bought the thing, and I think most of you would've agreed with me if you were in my place. Just teasing, really.