hey, I took up a music Gcse and i have to do a solo peace, i can play yngwie and we three kings and stuff but i want something really good but not to difficult, doesn't have to be extreme. just very nice sounding and sounds like it'll take some skill. i really want to get a good mark on this

thanks
And Den!?!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Put it this way.

are you john petrucci? have you been playing guitar for so long that you have mastered all the technical challenges in that piece, developed a nice vibrato and can pull it off without any mistakes whatsoever? Even john petrucci makes mistakes live.

You're doing a GCSE music performance, not a Masters degree in music performance.

It's better to do an easy piece and get the highest mark, than do a really hard piece and get a crap mark.
I would say something in a major key, so it sounds nice to the ear - some people would subconsciously mark you down if they didn't like the sound of the music, so something which isn't rip your head off metal might not be the right thing.

I'd say something tricky but pull-off-able is something which incorporates chords and lead lines in one song. I'd make one up yourself.
hmm...... at the moment i think i might just finish we three kings and do that, i have to do a band piece and were covering ashley - escape the fate aswell so i might do a escape the fate song, maybe the solo to this war is ours.
Hey I was wondering if I could get some help! My gear is a ESP with active emg's into a eq pedal running into a noise suppressor. My amp is a Mesa triple rec with a roadking cab. I'm trying to get a lamb or god/parkway drive kind of feel. I can't seem to get a good tone threw my Mesa and have considered selling it or trading it but have been told it's a great f'ing amp. I've read the manual and factory tones and I still can't seem to get what I want. HELP thanx
Quote by Nathanapbeers
Hey I was wondering if I could get some help! My gear is a ESP with active emg's into a eq pedal running into a noise suppressor. My amp is a Mesa triple rec with a roadking cab. I'm trying to get a lamb or god/parkway drive kind of feel. I can't seem to get a good tone threw my Mesa and have considered selling it or trading it but have been told it's a great f'ing amp. I've read the manual and factory tones and I still can't seem to get what I want. HELP thanx

First of all this post is completely irrelevant to this thread. Secondly, this post does not belong in Musician Talk even you made a new thread.

Take it to Gear and Accessories.

Edit: Looks like you already did.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Last edited by hockeyplayer168 at Jul 17, 2010,