Basicly my problem is, whenever I remove my pinky from a string, the string will make noise.

This happens a lot when I do the Am pentatonic scale(the basic position everyone knows), on the high E and B string. It also happens on the lower strings, but it's not as big as a problem(happens less often, and less audible).

Basicly, I feel like I need to remove the pinky in a more "straight" position, but the inconsistency of it makes it work like half the time only.

Any tips on what to do/practice to get rid of this problem?

Edit: It tends to happen even when playing slowly.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6
Basicly my problem is, whenever I remove my pinky from a string, the string will make noise.

This happens a lot when I do the Am pentatonic scale(the basic position everyone knows), on the high E and B string. It also happens on the lower strings, but it's not as big as a problem(happens less often, and less audible).

Basicly, I feel like I need to remove the pinky in a more "straight" position, but the inconsistency of it makes it work like half the time only.

Any tips on what to do/practice to get rid of this problem?

Edit: It tends to happen even when playing slowly.

it doesn't matter how slowly you play if your technique is inefficient. remedy your technique so that it is efficient and clean. only then do you speed up.

play extremely slowly at first so you can analyze your technique and figure out what needs improvement. it sounds like you might want to consider arching your arm more -- i'm guessing your thumb is probably wrapped around the neck. the pinky is not very effective in this position.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Actually no, my thumb is pretty much always behind the neck, unless it's for bends or chords.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by Spike6sic6

When you remove your pinky from the string, how do you do it? Make sure you're not performing a little pull-off accidentally
Quote by porcupinetree52
When you remove your pinky from the string, how do you do it? Make sure you're not performing a little pull-off accidentally

Well actually, that's the problem. I think my pinky isn't trained enough yet... like I can do it good, but it's not consistant.

Like, the few methods I came up with were; removing my pinky without doing any pull off, and muting the string with my middle finger(which seems like a lot of trouble for "nothing").

I think I just need practicing really slow. I jammed with a friend today, and when I tried to show him my "weakness", it just didn't happen, I kept playing clean. Maybe it's practice that's starting to pay off :P.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.