My crappy Skullcandy earbuds finally wore out, so I have an excuse to get a new pair. What are some good companies to look at? I really don't want to spend more than $20, but I'll go up to $30 if it's going to be a big difference.

I'm not looking for some crazy audophile hi-fi device, just a pair of earbuds better than those damn Skullcandy ones, preferably ones that will last more than 6 months.
You really won't find earbuds better than Skullcandy. If you want better, you'll have to go up to actual headphones. Ya know, the over the ear types? Yeah, those.

Btw, how the hell did you wear out earbuds in less than 6 months? Jeese, kid!
prop with the candies is the cables are so thin and break to easy, since my last pair ,iv stuck wth sony

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
In that price range anything but Skullcandys is a great choice!

Seroiusly, I really dislike skullcandys, I got a pair of Phillips earbuds for the same price as the skullcandys I used to have and the sound difference is astonishing! The skullcandys don't even compare!
i got me some woodies once for like five bucks those things surprised me
i think they just marked them wrong but still
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You really won't find earbuds better than Skullcandy. If you want better, you'll have to go up to actual headphones. Ya know, the over the ear types? Yeah, those.

Btw, how the hell did you wear out earbuds in less than 6 months? Jeese, kid!

Quote by TheAbsentOne
You don't like Skullcandy? Those are my preference

Oh god.

Pretty much anything is better than Skullcandy, they are some of worst headphones available, I'd even take stock iBuds over them.

Yeah I'm being elitist blah blah blah, uninformed opinions won't help you get a better set. Koss Portapros will do you, they aren't earbuds but they are one of the best bang for buck 'phones out there.
so I don't want to jack this topic but I am in the exact same boat as you TC. I'm looking for the best quality OVER ear (not ON ear) headphones available for about $50-$60. any preferences? at this point I was also looking at some Skullcandy's
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
I hate skullcandy.
I've actually been using some Sony noise-cancelling ear buds lately. They're about $25=30 at Best Buy. They're nice, have a volume control on the cord.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world