Well, it's not actually NGD as I've had it for about a month now but I figured I could post a review now.

Specs (swiped from another site):
•Construction: neck through
•Body wood: nato (eastern mahogany)
•Body thickness: 45mm
•Top style: side beveled
•Headstock style: SOB Beast
•Headstock color: onyx
•Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
•Neck wood: maple
•Back of neck: onyx
•Fretboard: ebony
•Inlay: none
•Frets: 24 jumbo 2.7mm
•Factory strings: 9 – 42
•Nut: 43mm locking
•Scale: 25-1/2"
•Bridge / Tailpiece type: Floyd Rose Original tremolo
•Pickups: 1 Rockfield Fat Ass (bridge) and 1 black Rockfield mafia (neck) humbuckers
•Controls: 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone
•Hardware: black chrome
•Finish: painted glossy

Now, for the good stuff. This guitar is fantastic. It plays like a dream and sounds even better. I had debated on this model or the next higher up model that included the active EMG 81/85 but decided on this one since I already have a schecter with the EMG's and wanted something a little different. I was expecting this to be a little softer than the Schecter but boy was I wrong. At the same volume on my amps the B.C. Rich sounds much louder and crisper. It sounds ok on a good clean sound but it's no fender; this thing is really made to rock.

The highpoint on this guitar for me is the neck. This thing is a breeze to get around on and in that regard is miles ahead of my other guitars. If you are the type that has to have fret markers on the front of the guitar you might want to look elsewhere as this one doesn't have any. To me it's not a problem and I really don't notice the fact that it doesn't have any (and I do tend to look at the neck a lot while I play). The neck is also pretty beefy which is something I enjoy.

I do have two gripes about this thing. The first is the body shape. It's looks great and that was part of my reason for buying it but it can dig into your legs a bit (especially if you're a big guy like myself). It's not bad but if you tend to get into long practice sessions of 1.5-2 hours it can become a pain. 15-20 mins at a time is not bad though. The other issue is that it's a bit top heavy. If you play standing up the neck and head will try to droop down on you. Depending on how you plan this may or may not be a problem. And even for someone like me who likes the guitar pretty high on my body and the neck even higher it's not a big issue, you just have to put a little more force on it to keep it where you want it.

Overall I would give it an 8 / 10. It's my favorite metal guitar so far by far and I'm more than happy with the purchase. The two items I mentioned previously are the only two things that keep it from being a 10 in my book. Sorry for the quality of the pic as I don't have a real camera. For comparison my other guitars (in order they are in the pic) are: Fender American Standard Strat (white), Schecter Hellraiser (dark red), and a PRS Custom SE 22 (kind of red too). The Warbeast and the Strat are neck-and-neck for me. Obviously they are for very different types of sounds but the Warbeast plays better and is easier to get around on while the Strat is more comfortable no matter what position I'm playing in. The Schecter is very nice in it's own right but it's not as easy to play as the Warbeast and the sound is just a little bit muddy (not a bad thing in my book but I like the crispness of the Warbeast a little better). The PRS is, well it's just kind of there. Nothing special about it (it's the bottom of the line PRS model) but it does play well and has a good sound.

Guess that's all for now. Feel free to comment or ask questions if you have them. And one other note, if the only opinion of B.C. Rich's that you have is from playing the 200$ ones at the local store you are missing out on some nice axes. I wouldn't crap on one of the low end models but this one (and from what I hear all of their higher end models) is well worth the $$$.
Attachments:
guitars_sm.jpg
i love me some pointy guitars! its beautiful man! could you get more photos from different angles?

lately ive been wondering about rockfield pups. my store started getting michael kelly gtrs and most have come with those and i wasn't sure if they were any good. and what exactly are the grover rotomatic tuners? ive heard of them but what do they do? close up photos please?

again, nice guitar man!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

HNGD

More and better pics!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
br00tlz

I agree about the dearer bc riches being good. I don't know where they start to get good, having tried very few (I have a fair idea, though, based on the specs), but i got a calibre classic mockingbird recently and it's a very nice guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, here are some more pics of little close-ups. I had to use my phone again so still not very good quality but hopefully better. When my wife gets home I may see if her phone takes better quality pics.

And I'm not really a gear guy so I found some bits of info on the grovers on the net and will just post those:

"These guitar machines are a triumph in engineering and style. The housing provides a maximum bearing for worm gear and string post. Worm and gear are precision-cut for perfect meshing. This eliminates backlash and slippage. Countersunk tension tension screw permits players to regulate turning tension to any degree. Gear box has a special lubricant for lifetime, trouble-free service. Includes 5/8' washers, bushings and wood screws. "

"are particularly helpful for those who have larger fingers or simply want a bit more space between tuners. The tuner knobs are noticeably smaller than those of standard modern tuners, which creates more space in-between. In addition to a threaded clamp via the bushings, each tuner is held tightly in place with a small wood screw. "

You can probably find better explanations from others or different sites.

The pickups are fantastic in my opinion. I have read reviews and seen some videos where people say they don't like them but I have to wonder if what they had were some other style. The mafia and fat ass are just perfect for the sound I want (metal, metal, and more metal). They seem to put out more output and more definition than the EMG 81/85 set on my schecter.
Attachments:
guitar_full_frontal.jpg
guitar_bodyshot.jpg
guitar_backside.jpg
guitar_headstock.jpg
guitar_tuners.jpg
pointy pointy pointy!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Pointy guitars make my knees weak. Except the Warlock and Warbeast. I don't know why. It looks good in the first pic. Maybe I'll see if any of my local guitar places have any to try because your review(more or less a review anyways) made actually consider thinking about getting one.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
That thing neck dives?! I'm shocked, seriously.

Try buying a thick strap (like 3"). The new Jim Dunlop BMF's are excellent straps.

I actually kinda like that. HNGD!
hngd! i like bc riches once they stop being pieces of pure shit (im lookin at u bronze series) and gratz r0ckth3d34n about u gettin a new guitar, i thot u were only 200 bucks in, or did u get that c-1 u were talkin bout earlier?
Eh.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Try buying a thick strap (like 3"). The new Jim Dunlop BMF's are excellent straps.

I may try that if I get in the habit of playing standing up. 90% of the time I'm in a chair so I can see my music stand clearly. So it's not really a big deal for me but wanted to mention it for anyone who was thinking about picking one up.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the super fat jumbo club a seal to death head stock? The head stock on my BC Rich could rape the head stocks on my other guitars. It's really a beast!
Quote by Himelnator
i like bc riches once they stop being pieces of pure shit (im lookin at u bronze series)

That's the thing right there: don't buy the cheap (low cost) ones as you WILL regret it. Nothing good comes out of a 200$ B.C. Rich. But the Warbeast is great and I hear the Mockingbirds are real good (someone mentioned the mockingbird earlier in this thread as well). The ASM's look interesting (more of a traditional look rather than the pointy standard B.C. Rich look) but I've never played one so can't comment on them overall. Wouldn't mind giving one a whirl though.
HNGD, and curious, what model is that white strat hiding behind the Warbeast?

Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by furin121
That's the thing right there: don't buy the cheap (low cost) ones as you WILL regret it. Nothing good comes out of a 200$ B.C. Rich. But the Warbeast is great and I hear the Mockingbirds are real good (someone mentioned the mockingbird earlier in this thread as well). The ASM's look interesting (more of a traditional look rather than the pointy standard B.C. Rich look) but I've never played one so can't comment on them overall. Wouldn't mind giving one a whirl though.

bear in mind the mockingbird i have is one of the european-made (czech, i think) ones, so it won't really tell you what the korean mockingbirds are like. Mine is a little neck heavy too, but it's not a major problem with a decent strap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?