Page 1 of 2
Clip now up. More coming *hopefully* today.

HNAD to me!

Egnater Tweaker combo. With a little help from (okay, a lot of help from) my loving girlfriend.

Review when I get to my house; I'm still at my girlfriend's house. I can give somewhat of a mini review from the thread I made on it...

But now, amp pr0nz.

Front. Ignore my girlfriend's nightie....

>_>
<_<

Control panel: Deep/tight toggle, normal/bright toggle, gain, clean/hot toggle, eq, volume, w/e. *not my EQ settings*

Quote by stratman_13
Thanks to my friend at GuitarCenter, I got to test their brand new Egnater Tweaker before it hit the floor. So I though I'd share my opinions about it

Egnater Tweaker
Appearance: This is one classy looking mother****er. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Love the old style knobs, black faceplate, blue leds. Clean layout, controls aren't confusing, everything easy to figure out.

Sound: This amp is everything the Rebel wasn't. The American/Brit voicing switch actually completely changes the amp's attack and character. The Deep/Tight switch is pretty neat, however, I found the Deep a bit muddy. Maybe solved with an OD? I kept it on Tight. Also has a Bright/Normal switch. I liked the Bright personally, Normal darkened up the amp's flavor a bit, with seemingly good low-mids. Bright was my personal favorite.

Cleans: Eh, on a single channel of sorts, I didn't expect much. I had to use the volume knob a bit (doesn't bother me, I do anyways. My amp's clean channel is never used, really...). But when the amp was clean, they were pretty nice. Warm and balanced, no complaints, aside from they're pretty much unusable at higher volume (from my impression).

Dirt: This is where this amp shines. Where I found the dirt on the Rebel to be dry and... lacking, I suppose, the gain on the Tweaker is excellent. Usable at all the levels. Nice harmonics, good feedback transition (also due to the cab, which seemed pretty solid). The Brit voice screamed AC/DC, Zep, and EVH. Awesome job on that. The American voicing was really good too. Great for rock/harder rock with a boost. I got it to pull off a pretty convincing metal tone too, without a boost. If you're looking for death, grindcore, metalcore, etc... you'd be better off looking at something else though, IMO. Although I guess running an OD as a boost with a bit of gain dialed up would do it.

There was also a Vintage/Modern switch on this amp. I enjoyed playing with this one. Changed the bass and mid response of the amp. Vintage was a bit looser and punchier, where Modern was a bit tighter and seemed a little scooped.

Overall Impressions: Love, love LOVE this amp. Egnater hit the nail on the head with this one. I would've walked out with it if I didn't have car insurance coming up (and if I had any money to my name ). The Tweaker is a great sounding, light, and awesome amp, with tones and tones of tones packed in. Great amp.

. Hope this helps anyone looking into the Tweaker.

While I sing the praises of Will, my buddy that used to work at GC, **** that place. Never again am I going to GC. It's the local SamAsh from now on. **** GC. Have I said that?

Clips tonight! Tell me if there's anything you want to hear.

Quote by stratman_13
Also: I'll myself for trying to play Blood and Thunder . I'll get some stoner clips up tomorrow when I can actually let the amp loose a little more. It's a bit late now for that .

Clip: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/stratman_13/

I'll do a longer one later. Like I said, it's a bit late now. Details...

Settings
Tight
Normal
Gain: Half, then 3/4
Bass: 2 o'clock
Mid: 3 o'clock
Treble: 1:30
First Brit (clean, first few dirty riffs), then USA (Brownstone, etc.)
Volume: 7:30
Vintage

Mic
RockBand mic

Guitar
Gibby SG Standard, stock
*Strat test tomorrow

Pedals
MXR Custom Shop GT-OD (dirty parts only, you can hear the switch pop)

Enjoy.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Jul 16, 2010,
Van halen panama. Ratt round and round. And hmm, blink 182 dammit. Some srv for good measure!

You asked didn't you?!!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Matt: I did. I'll break out Panama and some SRV.

Sguit: Oh hell yeah. Kicks the shit out of it.

GREG!
What tubes should I throw in it?
--

--
Copy-cat

HNAD man, Egnater is putting a spell on UG!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by forsaknazrael
Can you fit EL34s in the combo? Hm...

Yeah.

Hey stratman, check my profile, me and Greg had a few back and forths regarding tubes for the Eggy. Hope this helps.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
all of them.
throw in every tube. buy more tubes.
nos stock 6l6s, black plate 6v6s, mullard el34s. do it.

I started this tweaker love fest. admit it. I did. I'm the best. brag brag brag. rolfcopter away.........
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Jul 15, 2010,
Looking forward to the clips! Thanks! Hopefully ug can expect my NAD within a month
Quote by AcousticMirror
all of them.
throw in every tube. buy more tubes.
nos stock 6l6s, black plate 6v6s, mullard el34s. do it.

I started this tweaker love fest. admit it. I did. I'm the best. brag brag brag. rolfcopter away.........

Rabble rabble rabble rabble. :

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I really want to hear if this thing can pull off any decent Modern Metal tones. I've heard it can, but I'm not going to be convinced until I hear it in action.
You can get some modern metal out of this thing with a boost.

WOW. Two frickin Tweaker NADs in one day

awesome Jesse. Can I post Greg's in here too? And then Salamander can post his.

HNAD

what tubes do you have in there now and what else is available? Do some metal for us.
Lucky, I reallt want one of those, and prob will next year.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Acoustic has gotten cookier as the days go by.
nice! Greg's clips were great, and they're pretty cheap on thomann. Really would like to get to try this and the jet cities.

I like the cosmetics on the other egnaters, though- that's about the only thing i don't like about the tweaker, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like the cosmetics better on the Tweakers. It's very Bogner-ish. Kind of like what Egnaters looked like in the 90s.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I kinda wish I did the head/cab deal just because the controls are in front. The combo seemed alot more bassier to me, I don't know if it's because of the cab dynamics or what. I favored it though because I mostly play rhythym.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
HNAD Jesse, I really want one
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
This is Greg's Tweaker head on my cab and his Strat. He's going to give me the Strat because it is really old (like 30+ years) and plays like crap. The Tweaker is very sexy. Sounded great in my mancave.

You sure you even want the strat? I mean if it's over 30 years old, it's gonna be pretty shitty. They just didn't have the technology to make good guitars like they do now back then. You should probably throw it away
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Jul 15, 2010,
Yeah man, they used shitty wood back then too. And passive pickups. IF IT DOESNT SAY EMG OR BLACKOUTS ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Where the **** is the floyd rose? KILL SWITCHES?? AND GODDAMNIT WHY ISNT IT ALL BLAAAAACK.

Jesus christ, if its not built for metal IT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

/sarcasm
Don't forget the Armageddon either. Sounds like something capable of waking the dead.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
I like the renegade and tourmasters. the thing is that those are like 1000-1300 new...and I've started seeing Bruce's MOD50s and MOD100s for like 1500. I wants one so bad.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Oh yeah! It's just a big old Tweaker love fest in here

Cdr: I forgot you had one! . I actually got to play the first one in my area like 3 months ago .

Yeah, go ahead and post clips and pics of your Egnater shit in here! I don't care .
--

--
Quote by AcousticMirror
I like the renegade and tourmasters. the thing is that those are like 1000-1300 new...and I've started seeing Bruce's MOD50s and MOD100s for like 1500. I wants one so bad.

The Tourmaster head is the only way to go. I am in absolute love with the 4100. The combo is okay, but the head beats the living crap out of it.

I haven't seen the MODs.... But I'm in love with Bruce Egnater. He does some awesome work.
--

--
man i'm getting so tempted to order one, seems like a steal at 400 new.
Guitars
Amps
Justin: You really have to . They're great amps. I loved the head when it first came out. Bruce fixed all my problems with the Rebel.

Matt: They are.
--

--
I think Mr. Mikey Soldano is jealous.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by stratman_13
The Tourmaster head is the only way to go. I am in absolute love with the 4100. The combo is okay, but the head beats the living crap out of it.

I haven't seen the MODs.... But I'm in love with Bruce Egnater. He does some awesome work.

The Mods are nice. His best amp is the TOL100 though. I love that thing. The Rocktron licensed versions go fairly cheap too. I like the Renegade better than the Tourmaster. It's Brucie boys favorite modules standard in a head with a tweaked power section. I've played one of the amps he designed for his amp class that was full of killer modded Marshall tones. He could easily compete with the other popular rodded Marshall companies if he released that design at the price point made possible by foreign construction.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Like I said in the other Tweaker thread:
Dammit, I want one!

HNAD!

also: I'm expecting the Armageddon to literally make peoples heads explode from it's raw savageness
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 15, 2010,
Rec'ing clips now. Might be a bit sloppy, my left hand is still on the road to recovery.
--

--
Double post!

Okay, clip be uploading now. I apologize already for the shitty playing, my left hand is still ****ed up.

Also: I'll myself for trying to play Blood and Thunder . I'll get some stoner clips up tomorrow when I can actually let the amp loose a little more. It's a bit late now for that .

I'll do a longer one later. Like I said, it's a bit late now. Details...

Settings
Tight
Normal
Gain: Half, then 3/4
Bass: 2 o'clock
Mid: 3 o'clock
Treble: 1:30
First Brit (clean, first few dirty riffs), then USA (Brownstone, etc.)
Volume: 7:30
Vintage

Mic
RockBand mic

Guitar
Gibby SG Standard, stock
*Strat test tomorrow

Pedals
MXR Custom Shop GT-OD (dirty parts only, you can hear the switch pop)

Enjoy.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13

I cranked it today for about 5 minutes and it twisted my spine in half. Put it on the "bedroom metal" setting in the manual. Holy gawd.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
I cranked it today for about 5 minutes and it twisted my spine in half. Put it on the "bedroom metal" setting in the manual. Holy gawd.

I didn't get a manual. Floor model...

I'll have to download and print that shit.
--

--
Jesse - great clip man

1:16 a bit fuzzy but nothing bad or unexpected.
2:20 Night Train - great riff
3:00 Metal - sounded like you were getting ready to do some metalz.

I want a Tweaker so bad I can taste it mother f(cker

I didn't dig the Tourmaster too much in the loud room at GC. Twice. I can't wait to play the Armageddon.

The Renegade now...........that is a seriously kick ass head if you got 999

Quote by cdr_salamander
I kinda wish I did the head/cab deal just because the controls are in front. The combo seemed alot more bassier to me, I don't know if it's because of the cab dynamics or what. I favored it though because I mostly play rhythym.

Do it. If you don't do it - the Night Train is still cool man!
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jul 16, 2010,
Page 1 of 2