title explains it all i think....

i want to build a volume pedal in a wah type housing but i need to know where to get an empty wah case, jacks, pot, caps and anything you guys think il need,

oh and it has to be true bypass when fully foward and passive and work with emg's (do i need 25k pots for the pedal?)

Last edited by Ma-hog! at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by salgala2000
You can get the case from ebay or guitarfetish i think... Might want to look in the ultimate pedal building thread.

guitarfetish based in the USSA right? i dont wanna pay a rake a money ('rake' - Irish slang, here meaning a relatively large amount of money) for shipping
this is a common problem for us pedal builders. there is little on the market as far as a wah style pedal enclosure goes. there are a few that are around $70 if i remember correctly. how much are you looking to spend?

also, look for some tutorials on how to make this enclosure. there are a few around.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
this is a common problem for us pedal builders. there is little on the market as far as a wah style pedal enclosure goes. there are a few that are around $70 if i remember correctly. how much are you looking to spend?

also, look for some tutorials on how to make this enclosure. there are a few around.

not over 30
like how expensive can it be?
all id use it for is hands free volume swells anyway
here is a link to a homemade one. if you have some of the stuff you may be able to do this pretty cheap.

http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/DIY-Wah.htm
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Invader Jim
smallbearelec.com sells unpainted wah pedal shells. they are NOT cheap, especially since the price went up. iirc they now cost as much as a new crybaby gcb95.

oh my day! sure for that price you may as well buy the crybaby and (try to) install another pot in it with an on off switch

OR NOW GET THIS you put in a switch that bypasses the circuitry so that only the pot functions then wire the pot to send the signal to groung as you back off the wah

waldo, no?
Quote by Invader Jim
for the wah, just lift the leg of 1 capacitor and that makes it into a volume pedal. it wont go all the way down, but that feature is way overrated imo.

cmon, Jim. who doesnt like Waldo?

yes, that is me.

edit- and no, i dont look like a tool all the time!

back on topic.. have you thought about just buying a volume pedal? im sure there are a few cheap ones out there used.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

just buy a broken wah pedal and strip the guts. heck, even just buying a non broken cheap crybaby or vox will get you a shell cheaper than you can buy a shell for.
^^just make sure you dont come across some vintage piece that someone thinks is worthless but then find out its actually worth something after you destroy it. voice of experience, though it wasnt a vintage wah
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
cmon, Jim. who doesnt like Waldo?

yes, that is me.

edit- and no, i dont look like a tool all the time!

back on topic.. have you thought about just buying a volume pedal? im sure there are a few cheap ones out there used.

first of all best post ever /\

second i want not to own nor buy pre owned gear as i like to keep my belongings of monetary value in the best condition possible
meh i guess i dont need a volume pedal that much, it just appears easy to build,
a 1/4'' input and output and a pot, waldo yes?
Quote by Ma-hog!

second i want not to own nor buy pre owned gear as i like to keep my belongings of monetary value in the best condition possible

Custom gear has very little monetary value because in the musical world people tend to brand buy quite often.

If you got a preowned GCB95 at the very worst you'd have to replace a couple of rubber feet and touch up the paint a bit and maybe replace the battery hatch (or tape it shut: volume pedal needs no battery)