Hello! Could you tell me how to play this?

E-17p14---------14-17p14----------14----|
B---------14---14------------14---14--------|
G------------14------------------14-----------|
D------------------------------------------------|
A------------------------------------------------|

I mean, i use only the index finger on the 14th fret or i have to use the index on the first string, middle on the second and ring finger on the G string?
I hope you understand what i want to say.
Thanks a lot for the help !
Quote by caiusltd.ro
Hello! Could you tell me how to play this?

E-17p14---------14-17p14----------14----|
B---------14---14------------14---14--------|
G------------14------------------14-----------|
D------------------------------------------------|
A------------------------------------------------|

I mean, i use only the index finger on the 14th fret or i have to use the index on the first string, middle on the second and ring finger on the G string?
I hope you understand what i want to say.
Thanks a lot for the help !

i would pull off the 17 on the E with my pinkie, onto the 14 E with my index, i would thenuse the roll tech. my index finger for the others.

the thing about this is A: it comes to personal style/preference
and
B: depending on preference, it may have to be adapted should a second arp. pattern be used that makes the original way of playing it impractical.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
and a video or something if that's possible? because i do not know very much about this technique...
Its called rolling. It can be a pain to get. Just youtube finger rolling sweep lesson or something. You can probably find some lessons on UG too.
Quote by caiusltd.ro
and a video or something if that's possible? because i do not know very much about this technique...

Think about the bottom of a rocking chair, how it rocks back and forth; this is what your finger shoulder be doing
Rolling takes a lot of practice I've noticed.

Rolling down is a lot easier, position the tip of your finger on the first string and then roll down; rolling up ive found that you need to train yourself to fret that first string with more the first knuckle of my index.

My biggest issue now is in sweeping, trying to do a 5 string minor arpeggio sweep, you roll the 4th and 3rd strings, but then on the second string you fret a note that is one fret below and Ive ran into trouble with accidentally muting the 2nd string with the finger I just used to roll with since its "flat" because of the roll and the fat of my finger hits it. Ive kind of had to adjust how I do the roll and I kind of rotate my wrist so that I use more of the tip of my finger and keep it moreso away from that second string. Though I do not know if this is correct technique - one more reason I want to start taking lessons soon!

Sorry if that was hard to understand.. what I mean is an arpeggio such as

e--------7
b-------8
g------9
d-----9
a-7-10
e-

I can hit it at about 85-90bpm treating each note as a triplet, and thats with a lot of practice haha. Now whats even more daunting is that for the intro to the song im trying to learn its at 175bpm and I can only hit it at half

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Last edited by glenthemann at Jul 15, 2010,