Hey UG-community
I want to buy a new guitar this month
but i don't know which is the best for me..
i listen to very experimental stuff, like my bloody valentine, sonic youth, spacemen 3 ... other noise/shoegaze bands.
can you please list some guitars that might be good for that kind of music?
peace
nsa
What's your budget?

EDIT: depending on your budget and amp, you might want to check out a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster (both Fenders)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Jazzmaster-Electric-Guitar-104907183-i1397677.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Jaguar-HH-Electric-Guitar-103299566-i1146861.gc

Both are 799$ at GC online
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jul 15, 2010,
What amp will you be playing through?
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
tbh, experimental depends on taste; i would say use something w/ a floyd rose, but the ability to make a trippy sound with a divebomb dosent equate coolness or skill. regardless of how "trippy" it might sound.

as said, jazzmasters are good. synth guitars are good for experimental rock, if used PROPERLY, such as a parker fly or a customised manson (if anyone assumes im a muse noob, wrong, even if they are good =P), kramer are quite good. i should point out when i think experimental i think sonic youth, the dillenger escape plan (43 burned), muse (new born, citizen erazed) etc so if you disagree with me dont flame xD.

in terms of a guitar suitable for genre, experimental is very open to personal taste; i know of exp bands that use an overdriven archtop (it sounds bad, but thats irrelevant to the point im tryna make.)
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Jul 15, 2010,
I am a great fan of Joe Satriani and also Ibanez tones. Which one should I buy? Ibanez RG350EX or Ibanez RG320FM? Or anyother guitar? Please Suggest... HELP!!!
Quote by NoSmokingArea
ive got a very old amp from the 60s
http://www.framus-vintage.de/modules/modells/instruments.php?modellID=1643&katID=4674&cl=DE

40 watt, tube-combo

by budget is something like 800 euro (i'm from germany) = 1000 dollar

jea a jazzmaster or jaguar would be nice

what do you guys think about a mustang or someting from danelectro?

.. thanks for the quick answers

Personally, I don't really like Danelectro; they seem to have an inherent cheapness about them. Of course, they actually are quite cheap: depending on the model, they're a bit more than half of what you'd pay for the suggested Fender models.

What's important is that you try some stuff out for yourself. The Jaguar, Mustang and Jazzmaster aren't Fender's most popular models, but finding one in a (semi-)local store shouldn't be too much of a challenge.
okay thank you community (special thanks to Bonsaischaap)
i think i going to buy one of these three models....

on monday I go to the music store thomann an test all these 3 guitars
Quote by NoSmokingArea
okay thank you community (special thanks to Bonsaischaap)
i think i going to buy one of these three models....

on monday I go to the music store thomann an test all these 3 guitars

Have fun
Quote by NoSmokingArea
oh
i have one question left
what coils are good for these noisy experimental music?

Well, that's mostly down to your amp and your personal preferences.

That being said, I'd look for something with humbuckers and a coil-split option; it can be a versatile combination.
Besides, pickups are easily swapped out later should you want to tweak your sound.
Quote by NoSmokingArea
i own now a brand new fender jaguar

thanks guys (

Congrats

Now how about some pics?