Okay, so I've finally gathered up enough money to buy a new amp. But I don't know which one I want.

Either the Bugera BVP5500

or

Line 6 Lowdown HD400

These are the two that I've been considering. I'm leaning more towards the Line 6 right now. I haven't had any chance to try either of these yet. Guitar Center doesn't have either of them and my local music stores won't get them in.

So which would be better? I play rock and metal mostly. But I play everything else as well. Whichever one I get will either be played through an Avatar 2X12, or a carvin 4X10 and 1X 18. Depends on how soon I can get down to get the carvins. And if you have any other suggestions then please let me know. $450 is my limit.
I'm FAT!
Bugera definitely. They have amazing guitar amp heads so I wouldn't be surprised if their bass amp heads were really sick too.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
I would steer clear of the Bugera as i had a shitty guitar amp and the sound was rather thin and didn't have a natural feel to it at all.
Quote by Stretch_Wilson
I would steer clear of the Bugera as i had a shitty guitar amp and the sound was rather thin and didn't have a natural feel to it at all.

Really?
My guitarist has a Bugera amp head and he loves that thing more then anything.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Sorry, but... neither. Bugera are simply Behringer under a different name = terrible reliability issues. Line 6 meanwhile are a bit... well... just rubbish, in my opinion (of course). There's a number of affordable heads from much more reputable companies; the only one that springs to my mind immediately is the Peavey Tour 450 which you should like, there are a few more. Good luck!
Alright, well I was looking at the Peavey for a little bit. But I know that it's a pretty transparent amp. And I kinda want a tube sound. The line 6's SVT model is supposed to be good. And the Bugera's an SVT-3 copy. Does anyone have experience with any of them?
I'm FAT!
Well, with $400 you're really not going to get any sort of tubey sound that you're going to like. If you want something top end you're going to need to save up a lot of money, good amps don't come at low prices. My best guess is look for a used tube amp. Maybe have the tubes switched out. I got my amp head used for $400 and it sounds great, transparent, but that's why I use an ODB-3 =P
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Carvin bx500. it's a tube hybrid with 500 watts.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat