So like i have been trying to add some grit/vocal fry to my voice, am i doing it right if it makes my voice tired and it feels like somethings in my throat? It doesnt actually hurt but it feels like i got a little piece of food stuck in my throat.
I got that when I first started, it doesn't happen anymore though.

I don't know if it's meant to feel like that, I doubt it is though.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Be careful. It sounds to me like your vocal cords are swelling due to misuse. Chill out on the vocals for a while and read up
well i did my vocal fry today and it didnt feel tired at all, it might be that yesterday was the first time i used vocal fry for more than a few minutes.
Quote by Jacobrivers8
So like i have been trying to add some grit/vocal fry to my voice, am i doing it right if it makes my voice tired and it feels like somethings in my throat? It doesnt actually hurt but it feels like i got a little piece of food stuck in my throat.

CHeck this video out it should help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz5FWPXfasI
well i can say that after a few weeks my throat feels fine and doing my vocal distortion doesnt hurt one bit so i must have done something right. it only hurt the first time i did it, but it wasnt as much hurt as a rough feeling.
Glad to hear it

Just curious, did the guide help at all? Any suggestions or improvements?
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.