So, I don't have the money for a fancy interface, or any high tech equipment. I'm just recording with my band, and we want to get a good sound, without having to spend hundreds.

Right now we're using Audacity, and a Rock Band USB mic. That's it.

What are the little things that can really make a recording sound better? I was thinking a Pop Blocker and maybe some cheap USP mics (if anyone has recommendations.)

Help appreciated
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
if you arent worried about recording multiple tracks -

Line Port UX1-100-150
SM 57 with Pop Filter- 100
Good DAW....
...Even Better ears...

add those together and you get what you hear on my profile ha
Well we'll definitely need to record multi track. Drums+Guitar+Bass+Vocals : /
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
I've heard some passible recording using similar gear to yours, the main issue will be recording drums. In your position, if pooling some cash together for some better gear isn't an option, get a better DAW, something more MIDI friendly, and use midi drums. I'ma get flamed for this, but if you put the leg work in looking for samples and adjusting the levels and dynamics so it sounds a bit more natural you can get some good sounding drums.

That'd be my main advice, other than that, experiment with mic placements and dont rush!

If you work at it, i imagine you could get something reasonably demo worthy.
Get an interface with enough inputs for drums and everything else, mics, and Reaper and you're basically set.
Get an interface, a sm57 (do NOT go the USB route, you will regret it), and program the drums cause your not gonna get a good sound of drums without multiple mics, multiple input interface or mixer, good room and good ears.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but you really cant get a good recording without having the necessary gear and most importantly, experience. Good luck on your recording!
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
Guitars -> USB interface
Mics -> I seen some cheap condenser mics at best buy so they might have some at yours.
Recording Program -> Reaper i hear it is free
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics