can you name me some good/cheap ones?
yno, like dimarziioo paf pro and tonezone and emg 81 (only a little if im not wrong)

well?

Uh wut?

They are hardly cheap ones, they are mid to high if anything..

where abouts in the world are you? that would help.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
....i have no idea what you are talking about. vowel sounds??
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Off the top of my head, dimarzio mo' joe and area pickups have 3 vowels each. That should be plenty, no?
Omfg My Head Hurts!!!!
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
+what.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
+2what
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Pickups with vowels are great, but what you really want is a lot of consonants. Consonants are a mark of quality.
Quote by jorge_regula
Pickups with vowels are great, but what you really want is a lot of consonants. Consonants are a mark of quality.

I prefer "double agents" myself. Nothing like being able to switch to something else in the middle of a song without having to switch.

What exactly are you looking for in a pick up?
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
I think TS is talking about Wah, Talkbox, Auto-yah... those things.

TS, get a guitar processor. Get something in the RP series above 90, and you'll have all the wah and auto-yah you'll ever need.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I think TS is talking about Wah, Talkbox, Auto-yah... those things.

TS, get a guitar processor. Get something in the RP series above 90, and you'll have all the wah and auto-yah you'll ever need.

That would have made sense(well some) if he hadn't listed pickups in his first post.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Seymore Duncan has 5 vowels(If you count the double E) Is this what you're talking about?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
TS, wtf? Seriously. Elaborate.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I understand what he's trying to say. FRED is a great pickup that has that vocal quality.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Hes talking about distinct midrange tone, like a wah when you set it at a sertain spot; it gives you a "vowel" when you play. Paul Gilbert did an interview with Dimarzio back in the 90s and he talks about it, certain pickups have very distinct tone to them and thats what the TS is looking for.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
it`s more likely that a wah that you want for the vowel effect. the Big Bad Wah is really good for this.
Its the voicing of the pickups. A few Dimarzio's have that sort of sound, PAF Pro, Tone Zone, FRED, Double Whammy (Discontinued, has a really fixed wah sort of sound)