So this will be my second electric guitar and I definitely want an improvement from my Epi. So here goes:

Budget: Less than $1500
Amp: Peavey Classic 30 with Boss Gt8
Style: Very versatile (ie. Jazz, Blues, Hardcore, Classic Rock, Metalcore)
No trem please
22/24 frets (doesn't matter... preferably fret size similar to those of a LP?)
No EMGs. (Have tried many guitars with EMGs..did not like them)
Would prefer anything but an LP or SG. I can always mod my Epi and I never liked SGs

Hope this helps
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Look into some of the Ibanez prestige instruments. The Wizard II necks on some of them make them very playable, and they work well with all of those styles.

Try to get one with DiMarzios, or maybe even fit it with P90's, those seem like something you'd want.
Any specifics on the Ibanez or PRS?

I want to able to use my budget wisely since my relatives are providing for it so I want to use as much of it as possible instead of using about half of what I could have spent since they won't let me buy anything else with a guitar. In other words, I want the most expensive guitar I can get.

and my GC doesn't have the ESP eclipse with SDs..
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
i was at my local guitar center and they had a gorgeous prs for 400 because of blemishes.

so basically i would say go to a local mom or pop shop for a more varied selection.
you also dont have to spend all that money on one guitar.
Last edited by (.)(.) at Jul 15, 2010,
http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/single.php?Serial=94864

Ebony board, neck-thru, nice finish, quality parts, HSH with coil-splitters, hardtail, and all for less than $900. What's not to like?

Alternately, you could have a custom Carvin built. I ordered a custom C66 earlier today, the guys at Carvin are really friendly, and while they weren't able to do exactly what I wanted since they both A. don't use non-Carvin parts and B. the head builder said that they were basically out of cavity space with my wiring, they were more than happy to give me 95% of my inane wiring scheme(Let's just say Brian May and I share a love of switches and Steve Morse and I like the same complexity in control schemes. ), they're really nice people who'll do what you ask of them as long as they can do it with in-house materials.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Thanks for your thought necrosis1193, but the guitar has to be available on the spot at GC, the day I go, which is probably the 18th. The Carvin looks amazing though.
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Oh. Hmm...I'm also in Maryland, so if you can get to the Rockville GC, I can recommend one particular guitar that I was going to get before the Carvin that I want to see get a good home. Can you?

Edit: Wait, no Les Pauls. Hmm...I second the PRS suggestion though, the Glen Burnie store had a really nice used black Custom 24 for about $1,600, you can probably haggle them.

Double Edit:
Quote by minixmin
You bet I can. Which guitar is it?

Well, you said no Les Pauls, but what the hell; it's a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro. It's a beautiful goldtop too, which was going to become a standard finish, but then the flood happened. Sounds absolutely breathtaking, I know you have an Epi, but it's going to be like stepping up from a Ford Taurus to a Mustang. I almost bought it, so I got my employee discount checked on it too; it's about $1,300 for an employee, you can probably get it down to $1,475 or thereabouts.

If still no though, then I again suggest the black Custom 24.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jul 15, 2010,