This is for my band's new EP.

Vocals still need to be editted.

Rhythm guitars were reamped by Catharsis.
Lead guitars are TSS -> Poulin LeXTAC -> keFIR (Catharsis s-preshigh impulse)
Clean guitars are Poulin LeXTAC -> keFIR (Catharsis s-preshigh impulse)
Bass is DI to Ampeg SVX.

http://kerryritter.com/coveredinyou.mp3

Looking more for recording/mixing crits but song crits are always appreciated.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Last edited by DiveRightIn63 at Jul 15, 2010,
I like it, it reminds of ATL but different, unlike every other pop punk band out there, I like the bass in the verses, and the bridge hit me as Thanks For Nothing by Sum 41 with a nice solo.
Are those guitars heavily EQ'ed? I use the same plugins pretty much and I don't think I've got them to sound like that (which i would be pretty happy with).
Quote by 21Fretter
Are those guitars heavily EQ'ed? I use the same plugins pretty much and I don't think I've got them to sound like that (which i would be pretty happy with).

The rhythms only have high pass and low pass. The lead have a high pass, low pass, and I bumped up the high-mids a little, but nothing too extreme. Hit me up on AIM (diverightin63) or MSN (ritter@kerryritter.com) and I can show you the settings I used if you're interested.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Good song! I really like the bass and guitar tones. The singer has a voice that fits the style really well. It reminded me of Vanilla Sky for some reason. The drums in the verse bugged me a little, sounded like they were doing a little too much to me. The bridge is really cool, I like the transition from clean to distorted.
On a whole, really cool! I would buy the album.

Mind critiquing mine? link
i really liked it!
i can't really give much advice in terms of the mixing/recording, i'll just say that it really sounds good. cool song, everything went together well. GOOD JOB SIR.

if you could go on my profile and let me know what you think of any of the songs on there i'd appreciate it. song 19 is a similar kind of song to this.