Hey guys, I'm an acoustic guitar player, but I am starting to get into using effects with my acoustic. Right now I'm running a Boss TU-3=>Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal=>Cheapo Washburn Overdrive(Sounds decent with some tweaking)=>L.R. Baggs Para DI=>Front of House. I also sometimes use a Peavey Valveking or other borrowed Tube amps as monitors.

Right now I'm looking to "beef up" my distortion/overdrive sounds. The pedal I have is ok, but it's not great. I've been looking at several different pedals. The top two I have been most interested in are the Vox Satchurator and the Fulltone Fulldrive 2.

These caught my attention because they have the boost function in them as well which would be a nice addition. Which one would be better? I know the Fulltone would probably be better for driving an amp, but I'm not too sure which would be better for the FOH thing. Damien Rice and John Butler both use distortion pedals (a ProCo Rat and Boss ODB-3 respectively) in their chain that goes to the front of house so that gave me some ideas.

I've searched the internet for a while now and couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I figured I'd ask.

/wall of text

Thanks in advance.
GET THE FULLTONE. It is my All-Time favorite overdrive.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Hey thanks for the suggestions! I liked the first one better. The "Big *****" I think it was called.

But I would rather not have to special order anything =/

I just want to be able to pick this stuff up so I can immediately take it to practices and shows.
i would recommend the fulltone gt-500. it is a dual mode pedal with an overdrive half and a distortion half. you can use them both together and use one to boost the other.

the fulldrive 2 doesn't have enough OD to do everything without engaging the boost at partial or full volume, then if you need to switch channels, you clean channel is so much quieter, it just doesn't work. also, the boost doesn't work without the overdrive being on.

check out the gt-500 and see what you think.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Wow that thing looks pretty cool. I'll watch more videos of it, but from what I've seen, it sounds awesome.

I'm beginning to wonder if overdrive isn't what I need. I'm thinking a distortion pedal is the way to go.