This series looked interesting, is it worth a watch? Oh, and is there any nudity? My parents are unsure of me being able to watch it because its a HBO series.
Quote by exloser
This series looked interesting, is it worth a watch? Oh, and is there any nudity? My parents are unsure of me being able to watch it because its a HBO series.

That's fucking retarded, HBO dramas are the best shows on TV.

I've not seen it, but it was created by David Simon who did The Wire, so it's probably unbelievably awesome.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
That's fucking retarded, HBO dramas are the best shows on TV.

I've not seen it, but it was created by David Simon who did The Wire, so it's probably unbelievably awesome.

Ya I agree. Band of brothers was spectacular. My parents are ok with me watching gory battle scenes but freak if there is just a glimpse of mommy bags on the screen
Quote by exloser
Ya I agree. Band of brothers was spectacular. My parents are ok with me watching gory battle scenes but freak if there is just a glimpse of mommy bags on the screen

Your profile says you're nearly 16.

Seriously...

Edit: Mommy bags?

Wait, your parents are fine with you watching a mature, bloody, dark war drama but will throw a fit if there's a nipple??

It was a great series, but I missed some parts. From what I saw though, I enjoyed it a lot.
I thought it was really good. The only nudity you have to worry about is probably men showering before they go out on patrol in the first episodes?

But yeah, dont miss the series if you have the chance to watch it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Generation Kill is one of my all-time favorite series. I loved every single episode.

I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby!
Does your mom and dad do up your fly and reward you with a pat on the head and encouraging compliments after you take a pee pee too?
Quote by Metalology
You'll probably get some praise from people in as sad of a situation as you or maybe some laughs from people who enjoy your lame sense of humor.

lolwut

a blog that should be floating in the toilet. toiletfloater.blogspot.com
Quote by slight☼return
Does your mom and dad do up your fly and reward you with a pat on the head and encouraging compliments after you take a pee pee too?

yes

Oh, you were asking the TS
Ahem....well then, carry on
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
I want to watch this show too, anyone know where I could online?

Mein herz schlagt Schwarz Rot und Gold
Anyone else think the ending was a bit stupid? The whole "you're just like the guys from high-school" seemed like a 13 year old wrote the episode...

Anyway, other than that I've found it to be one of the best shows I've ever seen
Amazing series, one of the best (and seemingly most realistic) shows on war I've seen. I think the fact that its not so intensely dramatic and exaggerated like Band of Brothers or similar shows is what makes it so good.
I think in the second to last episode, there's a shot of a bunch of Iraqis stripped down on the highway, and 85% of the dialogue is about pussy.

Fantastic show though, just watch it on your own if you don't want to be with your parents while you watch a war film.
Quote by exloser

Inform your parents that that makes no ****ing sense.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Between yesterday and today I watched the whole series, it may not be a constant gunfight, but it's pretty good.

And yes, there's a little bit of nudity, but nothing your parents will worry about.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Vornik
Inform your parents that that makes no ****ing sense.

Any by informing them of this, they will ban you from watching gore as well... just you watch.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Anything David Simon touches turns to gold. GOLD.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by exloser

I live with the same kind of backwards logic. I feel your pain.
Dude generation kill is an awesome show, I want to get the DVD box set.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by Night_Lights
Anything David Simon touches turns to gold. GOLD.

^^^^^ This.

Also, I fucking love your avatar! Totoro ftw!

The book Generation Kill that the series is based on is really good (written by the reporter character, Edgar Wright), and well worth reading if you enjoyed the series. A few parts in the series were actually toned down quite a bit from what actually happened (one part had me in tears, about one of the checkpoint incidents, you can probably guess which one.), and you get a much fuller picture of the battalion, including troops from support companies you dont see in the series, though it is mainly focused on alpha and bravo companies.
It freakin owns The Pacific, which is what it replaced in NZ. Every episode I can get into, you really get to know the characters.
Gear
Hamer Standard XT
1963 Burns Split Sonic
Boss DD-7 (w/ Tap switch)
BAJA Real Tube Overdrive
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech Whammy IV
Boss TU-2
Vox AD50VTXL
its one of the best series i have ever seen. and if youre parents are worried about nudity but are okay with letting you watch a dramaseries set during the us invasion of iraq, they are retarded.

sorry OP.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Quote by Tubyboulin
Wait, your parents are fine with you watching a mature, bloody, dark war drama but will throw a fit if there's a nipple??

It was a great series, but I missed some parts. From what I saw though, I enjoyed it a lot.

thats how my mom is hahahaha
I saw a bit of it online but my internet was slow at the time, looks good though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.