I have the Micro Metal Muff, the mid sized 3-knob one, and I've had it about 6 months and its been working great! The other day, I turned on my rig and it sounded terrible, so i thought something was wrong. I ran the guitar into the amp and it worked fine, so I knew it was on my pedal board. So I tested all the pedals to find that my metal muff was acting up on me.

It seems to have reduced the volume and/or gain by half. Its quieter than normal and weaker sounding too. The bizarre part for me to see, is that it does this to the signal in bypass as well as when its engaged. I've had a lot of pedals die on me and I've never seen this before. Has this happened to anyone else with other pedals? Does anyone know how to fix it? I would return it but my return policy and my warranty are way overdue.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Change the batteries, if you're using them. I'm not sure if the Metal Muff is true bypass or not, so bypassing it might not solve what you're experiencing.

If not, send it to Electro-Harmonix, they should fix it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
No, I use a 1-spot, no battery problems here, and like I said, I'm long past any return or warranty date. I bought it used and its a few years old. But it's been working fine until now.
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Maybe there's something wrong with the adapter input of the Metal Muff?

Have you tried using the battery adapter?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've tried different power supplies, different batteries, different plugs on my one spot... Its still doing it. Something is wrong on the board. I took the whole thing apart and didn't see anything obvious. The last thing I want to do is start removing parts and testing them to find the part that went out. I hate doing that, I'd rather just buy another pedal.
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
I had that exact same problem with mine after 2 weeks of owning it, I managed to succeed in begging for a store credit.

You could try a new power supply, but if its like mine - look for a replacement.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣