I've got the shredders/Superstrats covered in my collection so recently, I've been toying with the possibility of getting a LP-style guitar. Looking for one with a stoptail bridge and 22 frets. I'd also prefer to do it on a budget if at all possible.

The Agiles have been looking interesting but I always hear that their guitars are hit-or-miss in terms of quality. The AL-3000 in particular has me interested, especially the Tribal Blue finish:

http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000tribalblue.html

Besides Agile, what else can I look into? Let's just say that my maximum price is $600 (willing to go either new or used). The guitar will be used for rhythm (rock/metal).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Maybe some Schecters?

You might like the Damien Solo Elite, the Solo-6 Special, Solo Standard... Also LTD EC-401VF.
You could get a used LP Studio for that money and it would hold it's value nicely. Some of the faded Mohagany Browns look pretty damn nice.
They're just over $900 CAD new
Attachments:
lg_LPSTWBCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by KenG
You could get a used LP Studio for that money and it would hold it's value nicely. Some of the faded Mahognay Browns look pretty damn nice.

Beats my ideas. Totally forgot about those. Lol.

+1
Quote by KenG
You could get a used LP Studio for that money and it would hold it's value nicely. Some of the faded Mohagany Browns look pretty damn nice.

+1 You might have to look around for a while to find one you like at the right price, but it will be worth it.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by KenG

+1.5 (half cuz im a rebel) I love seeing the grain in mahogany
Eh.
The agiles arent really hit or miss, theyre mostly hit. I havent heard anyone getting a bad one, and if you do you can return it and get another, thats another thing so great about them
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
At that budget if you're just after the shape then an Agile or LTD would be fine, but if it's the LP tone and feel then you should look for a used Studio. Normally i'd reccomend a Japanese LP copy, but you're current budget won't really allow for it.
How about a LTD EC-400? I think it has EMGs in it though. I am also looking at a LP shaped metal guitar but do not have a huge budget (as I am just a hobby-player) so also looking at some Cort Zenox (all mahogany + custom model even has Seymour Duncans in it)
Quote by elatihc
How about a LTD EC-400? I think it has EMGs in it though. I am also looking at a LP shaped metal guitar but do not have a huge budget (as I am just a hobby-player) so also looking at some Cort Zenox (all mahogany + custom model even has Seymour Duncans in it)

You'd have to find a used EC-400. I haven't seen many of them, either. Perhaps you're thinking the EC-401...