I know very little about amps and I will be needing a gig worthy amp in a few months but my resources are quite limited I need it to be under E300 ( Around $380 or 400 i suppose?)
Originally Posted by JayLacelle
because UGers are smarter than the average human being
Quote by the_perdestrian
acoustic B200+1X15. relatively cheap, solid, loud bass amps.

I know a few guys that use this exact set up and it's perfectly doable.

Just look around for used gear! Specifically 80's Peavey and GK. The Peavey Mark series are incredible amps that usually can be had for $150 or less. I got my Peavey Mark VI for $75. GK's, in my opinion, sound nicer but are a tad more expensive.

Just look for cheap cabs. Specifically 15's (1x15 or 2x15). They go for cheaper than 10's or 12's.

almost 10 years ago i had some gear stollen on tour and had to pick up a new rig for $400... i ended up with a '68 Kustom200 head and a '73 Ampeg 2x15. After these years it's still my favorite set up. I even used it just last night in front of a couple hundred people.

cheap does not mean bad quality.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Just to remind the forum, Acoustics are not readily available outside of N. America.

Go used. Seriously I have bough all but one of my amps used and gotten some really great gear (well except for the GK combo) for alot less than retail.
Quote by anarkee
Just to remind the forum, Acoustics are not readily available outside of N. America.

Go used. Seriously I have bough all but one of my amps used and gotten some really great gear (well except for the GK combo) for alot less than retail.

Ah, forgot about the availability thing.

What was the GK?

I'm so use to the RB series, which is awesome... i forget about the Backline series, which is not awesome...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Kustom KBA 200. Your mind will be blown, and not terribly expensive.

For the record, quality and cheap dont usually go together when it comes to gear
Quote by Din of Win
Ah, forgot about the availability thing.

What was the GK?

I'm so use to the RB series, which is awesome... i forget about the Backline series, which is not awesome...

Backline of course.
In general for a metal tone you would crank the gain, set the level low enough so that you don't blow your ears out. Then (play around with this to make it sound good) set bass at 10 o'clock and treble at 2 o'clock.
=============
advert links removed by moderator.
Quote by loose444
*spam shit*

these bastards are gettin' cleverer

*reported*
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think