These are the chords and how I've labeled them:

e|-------7----------------------------|
B|-7----5------12--------0----------|
G|-5----4--------9--------9---------|
D|-7----5------10-------10---------|
A|-6------------12-------10---------|
E|-------------------------12---------|

D#dim7, Em/G, Am add9, Cmaj7/E

Would you more experienced analysts say this is correct?

On a less related note, are there other suspended chords besides sus2 and sus4? I don't recall ever seeing any besides those two.

Also, when labeling a suspended chord do you determine what the suspension is based on the chord or the tonal center? I'm assuming it's the chord but I want to be sure.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
D# A C F# - D#dim7
G B E B - Em/G
A C E B - Amadd9
E G C E B - CM7/E

There is a sticky for this, by the way ;]

To the first question: I'm gonna say no. Cause if you have another tone it'll begin to change the root of the chord. And back in classical times (when suspensions first came about) those were the only ones.

To the second: The chord.
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Jul 15, 2010,
Quote by DiminishedFifth
D# A C F# - D#dim7
G B E B - Em/G
A C E B - Amadd9
E G C E B - CM7/E

There is a sticky for this, by the way ;]

To the first question: I'm gonna say no. Cause if you have another tone it'll begin to change the root of the chord. And back in classical times (when suspensions first came about) those were the only ones.

To the second: The chord.
Nailed it.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Alright, thank you sirs :3

Figured I might as well just post those couple things in one thread. Just doing my best to help save room on the internet

Just thought of another question!
Are there any composition techniques/forms you'd suggest looking into? The extent of my knowledge in that area is four-part harmony, and I'd like to learn as much as possible. I was thinking about learning counterpoint since I had seen it mentioned a few times. Any recommendations?
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Jul 15, 2010,
You named them all correctly.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci