A very rough first "demo" recording of my band's first two songs. Drums and vocals (for Untitled) are discluded because these tracks were made for our drummer to complete and polish up the drum parts and lyrics have not been finished as of the recording (for Untitled). Pardon the horrible recording, we only have so much money, so we can't afford to go into a studio and our gear pretty much blows right now. Don't expect anything spectacular as of yet. Big thanks to Jon W for helping us record.

These were only recorded because of the drumming reasons like I said above. These will be re-recorded in the future for a possible demo with more songs, better quality, better gear, and better playing. Please let me know what you think and what should be worked on! (I know, vocals are rough. We just started doing vocals about a month ago)

EDIT: The songs are posted on my profile.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
Last edited by The Philosopher at Jul 15, 2010,
Checked out Spite Keep The Silent.
Not bad.
The sweep lick or whatever at like 9 seconds in felt out of place. I would do a little something with the bass.
It's a bit repetitive though. The drums might help that. But it could pick up with the tempo somewhere.
Vocals obviously need some work, but that can be worked on, and improved with a better mic and better mixing. But the scream or whatever at 1:47, don't do that.
Solo was ok, nothing special. Remember solos aren't fundamental.

I don't have much more to say, and I don't have anything for you to crit for now.
Oh, and when you record this for real, don't drown the bass out. Something Autopsy-esque could fit.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean
Checked out Spite Keep The Silent.
Not bad.
The sweep lick or whatever at like 9 seconds in felt out of place. I would do a little something with the bass.
It's a bit repetitive though. The drums might help that. But it could pick up with the tempo somewhere.
Vocals obviously need some work, but that can be worked on, and improved with a better mic and better mixing. But the scream or whatever at 1:47, don't do that.
Solo was ok, nothing special. Remember solos aren't fundamental.

I don't have much more to say, and I don't have anything for you to crit for now.
Oh, and when you record this for real, don't drown the bass out. Something Autopsy-esque could fit.

Yeah this song has been around for well over a year, and seemed repetitive to me as well. Something to talk over with everyone though. Which high are you talking about, the layered one with the low or the high that's by itself?
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP