hey, I sing for a metal band (and play guitar) and well, Everyone says I sound like Dave Mustaine... Personally I dont know lol, he is my hero so it'd be cool... Let me know what you think.

www.myspace.com/septimusmb
it is hard to tell with the how far down in the mix you are. However, from what I can hear it sounds like you are subconciously trying to sound like him. This is reinforced by your words that he is your hero. I loved me some Garth Brooks when I was younger and I still have to fight myself to not sound like him sometimes. I think you just haven't found your voice yet. Try to force yourself not to sound like him and see where it leads you. Maybe you'll find your voice.

Personally, I can see how someone would say you sound like him but to me it justs comes off as a bad imitation. A mediocre voice that is original will always beat out a person who is trying to mimic someone else (even if unknowingly).

Take it for what its worth though.

side note: Your music isn't bad man.
Last edited by merriman44 at Jul 16, 2010,
THANKS MAN! I really appreciate how you put it, I will definetly try that! thanks you
dude you do sound like him but yea id suggest that you put your vocals a little higher in the mix, other that that awesome song man