What are the two guitars? Off the top of my head though, pick ups, eletronics, build, finish, playbility, and hardware.

Post a link when you're done.
Quote by Spartan101400
About the comparison between two guitars, one an entry level, and one the pro model. What bases should I cover?

This is cliche but a Mexican Strat and say an American Delux Stratocastor or maybe an Epiphone Les Paul and a Standard Les Paul.
anything having to do with the quality difference would need to be covered, obviously. like the above said, pickups, electronics, hardware, etc.

also it wouldnt hurt to maybe put a few beginner pointers in there, like the difference between single coils and humbuckers, or what a floyd rose does
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by SmokeJs
This is cliche but a Mexican Strat and say an American Delux Stratocastor or maybe an Epiphone Les Paul and a Standard Les Paul.

i would recommend actually having both guitars you are talking about comparing. to me it doesnt sound like you do, you just feel like talking smack about cheap ones
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Spartan101400
I'm comparing Dean Guitars Dave Mustaine VMNTX and VMNT series and the differences between them.

What's the point of comparing those two guitars for people not interested in Dean guitars IE a majority of the guitar playing population? They are by no means standard or even that different at all. It sounds like a pointless video to me.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
What's the point of comparing those two guitars for people not interested in Dean guitars IE a majority of the guitar playing population? They are by no means standard or even that different at all. It sounds like a pointless video to me.

Generally, people that aren't interested in something don't search youtube for a video about it. And there is a HUGE difference between the VMNT and the VMNTx guitars.
Quote by rtfk101
i would recommend actually having both guitars you are talking about comparing. to me it doesnt sound like you do, you just feel like talking smack about cheap ones

I have an American Stratocaster and an Standard Epiphone Les Paul.

A cheap one and an expensive one.

But seriously I don't get what your problem is.
Quote by guitarsftw

Your logic is very much flawed, especially when I live 30 minutes from Tampa and every band from my town to there has a Dean Guitar. They're not bad instruments, the only thing that makes an instrument bad is the person playing it. A good craftsmen never blames his tools.
Quote by Spartan101400
Your logic is very much flawed, especially when I live 30 minutes from Tampa and every band from my town to there has a Dean Guitar. They're not bad instruments, the only thing that makes an instrument bad is the person playing it. A good craftsmen never blames his tools.

Did you even read what I wrote? I never said that either guitar was bad, I just believe that comparing the two in a youtube video seems pretty pointless. As someone above said, probably the best way to compare high end and low end guitars is with a low and high end les paul and strat, which are more universal, per se, than two similar niche dean models.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
Did you even read what I wrote? I never said that either guitar was bad, I just believe that comparing the two in a youtube video seems pretty pointless. As someone above said, probably the best way to compare high end and low end guitars is with a low and high end les paul and strat, which are more universal, per se, than two similar niche dean models.

Yeah I would think that comparing a MIM strat with a MIA Delux strat would be more helpful, same with a Les Paul Epi with a Les Paul Standard. If you want to be original you could compare well known knockoffs such as Tokai to the real deal.

Another good one would be MIJ Strats to MIA strats.
I think it's a great idea, dude. If you listen to these guys, all you'd ever find on the Internet is reviews discussing Epi & Gibson or MIA & MIM. There's puhlenty of those, so why do another one??

Anyway, you should include a close investigation of the actual frets and fretboard. How well are the ends dressed? Are they smooth and polished? Etc. I find fret dressing is where the lower end guitars really lack. I find some nice gems that way. Take 'em home, give 'em a little dressing and get a fine guitar.

Look for all the fine details, like nut installation, signs of filler around the inlays, etc.

Because gee, you never know... someone might be considering buying these guitars one day and look for information on them.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an