Hey guys,

Just started up a band with some mates and we've done some very basic recordings of 2 new songs we've put together. Id love your opinions on "Care Free" and "Trampoline"

Forgive the recording quality and mixing levels - I'm after some criticism of the songs themselves rather than the recording quality!

Songs are in my Profile.

Thanks!!
Dan,
"Trampoline": the song itself is good: it reminds me of the Kinks (this is a compliment). A lot of the playing is sloppy. Singing is pretty good. "Care Free": a bit less sloppy on this one. The song itself is good: it reminds me of INXS (a compliment). The singing is good. Both songs have potential to be a much better recording. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1332089
so sorry it took me so long to crit these!

anyways, hell yes dude. I'm not sure how i would critique these individually as i just really enjoyed both of them. straight up I would listen to these with real studio production.

the only critique i have would be that they are a bit on the coldplay side, i can really hear the coldplay influence, you could almost say almost too much. granted i know bands starting out are not going to be completely original so i dont expect that, just putting it out there that the coldplay influence was definitely heard. probably mostly in the vocals/melodies but i still enjoyed them.

i saw someone critique the playing but i was paying more attention to the melodies/ideas than anything so i can't comment on that.

anyways, i am impressed, loved the melodies...to me...with studio production and some polish i don't see how these couldn't be "professional" standard, but i'm just 20 so not sure if I have a good idea for that haha, but i'm just saying.

oh and if there's a part that stuck out to me it was the change to a more minor sound at 2:00ish on Trampoline, and with the falsetto...liked that a lot. I originally was going to say I liked Care Free more than Trampoline but thinking back again they're kind of tied for me.

so ya really good stuff man. and i appreciate all the good words you had to say about my band as well! I will let you know when we've got the finished mastered tracks. and you keep doing what you're doing and let me know when you get some studio recordings.
My username is old, don't judge me (but old 311 is good)
Last edited by Three11Rules at Jul 22, 2010,
Trampoline -

NEEDS MORE COWBELL!!!

hahaha, was a good song though!

Care Free -

Liked the guitars in this one, real mellow, put me in a good mood

both great songs! you need to make more
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE