Here are some new pics for you all, I put on a new pick guard. Now, I need help with pups, as I can't decide what I want. I may go for an entire set of perhaps the Cobalt Noiseless, or the Fender Hot pups, or one at a time, starting with the bridge, I'm thinkin an SD Hot Rails, or a DiMarzio Chopper. I play mostly punk, classic rock, alternative, heavy rock and some blues/jazz/metal. Thanks everyone!

I present you my new Fender (MIM) Stratocaster Classic 50's Reissue! Cost me 700 USD, and worth every penny so far. I know you guys hate terrible image quality, but I don't have any money left for a good camera after buying all my new guitar gear.

Specs: Daphne Blue finish, with both maple neck and fretboard. 'Aged' color aesthetics. As you can see, I already replaced the volume/tone knobs and pick up selector switch knob with regular white instead of the aged white, it didn't look to good. Stock not-very-good pickups.

So, after playing with this new brilliant looking guitar of mine for like 12 hours or so in the past 24 hours I've owned it, I thought it best to take a break and post my piece. (It's probably worth mentioning that in some 12 hours of playing this instrument, I've only needed to tune it two or three times.) First off, straight out the box, this guitar was set up wonderfully. Very little fret buzz if any, perfect action (for me anyway), and no warping in the neck. The finish is dazzling, the Daphne Blue color is just amazing, no nicks or dents in the finish, wonderfully polished neck.

On to playability, she plays like a dream. One of the slickest necks I've ever played on, and the fretboard feels that way too. The maple is so smooth that I smile just holding the guitar in my hands. I reach every fret on every string effortlessly, there's no exaggeration here, as this is my favorite part of the guitar, I own four guitars now, and none of them play as well as this one, even my similarly priced Les Paul Standard.

Now to sound, where this guitar falls somewhat short, but only due to the sub-par pups and the fact that the SSS config isn't what suits my style. I'm running her through a JCA20H and the matching cab with an Eminence speaker inside, an amp true and tried in my rig. My problem is only that I can't get the tone I need out of the single coil in the bridge, as well as the mediocre mid and neck pups. They aren't necessarily bad however, they're actually all really decent for being stock pups. WIth cleans, particularly for blues and jazz (obviously) the tone actually sounds really good, and would please anyone who doesn't play with much distortion. But for me, someone who plays punk, thrash, hardcore, alternative, as well as some metal in addition to blues and jazz, an upgrade is mandatory.

It won't be much of a problem for long however, as I'm placing a humbucker to in the bridge, as well as replacing the neck and mid pups. I'll have to route the guitar for the humbucker to be placed in, but it will be worth it. I've also ordered a pear white HSS pickguard, to further make the aesthetics more awesome.

However, when it comes to pups, I'd appreciate some help, as I'm not entirely sure. I've looked into the Duncan Custom for the bridge, as it seems to suit my needs fairly well, and after some research, as well as hearing the various online recordings, I've already ordered it. But for the mid and neck pups I've no idea where to start, I know what I want but there are tons of options, input is appreciated
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jul 18, 2010,
Nice guitar. I love the Daphne blue finish.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
I have a 50s reissue strat (I thought it was from the 60s a few days ago but I guess not) it has a similar neck and let me tell you it's one of the most comfortable necks I've ever held.
Quote by SmokeJs
I have a 50s reissue strat (I thought it was from the 60s a few days ago but I guess not) it has a similar neck and let me tell you it's one of the most comfortable necks I've ever held.

I know, I mentioned that in my little review, probably my favorite aspect of this guitar. Very pleasing to the eye, and wonderful playability.

And thanks to the other two posters.
Nice guitar, although Im curious as to why this MIM costs 700 bucks?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Nice guitar, although Im curious as to why this MIM costs 700 bucks?

It's the cream of the crop as far as MIMs are concerned, read my review. This thing says MIM on the headstock, but feels a lot like an MIA, aside the pups.
Quote by CL/\SH
I know, I mentioned that in my little review, probably my favorite aspect of this guitar. Very pleasing to the eye, and wonderful playability.

And thanks to the other two posters.

Oh I didn't realise this was a MIM strat.. I was wondering why you got it for 700 dollars, I was thinking to myself you completely robbed the person who sold it to you blind.

I would be interested to see what my MIA neck feels like compared to your MIM neck.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 16, 2010,
Quote by SmokeJs
Oh I didn't realise this was a MIM strat.. I was wondering why you got it for 700 dollars, I was thinking to myself you completely robbed the person who sold it to you blind.

I would be interested to see what my MIA neck feels like compared to your MIM neck.

Same, mine is a vintage V-shaped neck, I imagine if yours is a 50's strat as well it wold be the same.

Regardless, the neck plays really well, better than a few Gibson LPs and SGs I compared it to. The neck is just so darn smooth that I can't believe it's MIM.

I compared it to a few MIM standards, and I was a little sketchy when I decided to order it, because the MIM standards weren't set up well, had some irritating buzzing, and warped necks (probably because they were on the floor, but I digress).

I compared this with an MIA standard my friend just bought as well, and the only difference I can see is the quality of the pickups and pots. Both play incredibly well, but I'm partial to mine because of the V-shape, compared to the C-shaped neck of his strat.
Quote by CL/\SH
Same, mine is a vintage V-shaped neck, I imagine if yours is a 50's strat as well it wold be the same.

Regardless, the neck plays really well, better than a few Gibson LPs and SGs I compared it to. The neck is just so darn smooth that I can't believe it's MIM.

I compared it to a few MIM standards, and I was a little sketchy when I decided to order it, because the MIM standards weren't set up well, had some irritating buzzing, and warped necks (probably because they were on the floor, but I digress).

I compared this with an MIA standard my friend just bought as well, and the only difference I can see is the quality of the pickups and pots. Both play incredibly well, but I'm partial to mine because of the V-shape, compared to the C-shaped neck of his strat.

The neck is definately the best part, it's probably the most comfortable dang neck I've ever played on. You got a great guitar on your hands, I've had mine for around 7 years and along the way I've had many different guitars. Everything from Jacksons, Ibanez's and Les Paul studio's and this is still my favorite guitar by far. You're in for a good treat.
Quote by celticstorm84
I have the exact same strap....nice guitar by the way.

Yeah, the strap compliments the Daphne blue finish ever so elegantly!

In all seriousness though, your guitar looks awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it. As for pickups, I really like the Bare Knuckle trilogy pickups. My friend has them in his guitar and they are SMOKIN'!!!!
looks great! i think i'd swap those pickup covers for white ones, but that thing looks awesome!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by porcupinetree52
Yeah, the strap compliments the Daphne blue finish ever so elegantly!

In all seriousness though, your guitar looks awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it. As for pickups, I really like the Bare Knuckle trilogy pickups. My friend has them in his guitar and they are SMOKIN'!!!!

I took my old strap off my LP, I'll be getting a new one soon enough. And thanks for the suggestion/compliment
Quote by SmokeJs
The neck is definately the best part, it's probably the most comfortable dang neck I've ever played on. You got a great guitar on your hands, I've had mine for around 7 years and along the way I've had many different guitars. Everything from Jacksons, Ibanez's and Les Paul studio's and this is still my favorite guitar by far. You're in for a good treat.

I can tell, I love this thing
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
looks great! i think i'd swap those pickup covers for white ones, but that thing looks awesome!

I intend to get whole new pups all around, and thanks
It's always great to see a NGD where someone is so completely happy with their new guitar, even if it's not completely geared towards their genre.

HNGD!
Just to warn you about the humbucker in the bridge; you might need to do some routing, since it's routed SSS. Or you could have a single coil sized humbucker, it's all good.

Congrats man anyway, they are good guitars!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Just to warn you about the humbucker in the bridge; you might need to do some routing, since it's routed SSS. Or you could have a single coil sized humbucker, it's all good.

Quote by CL/\SH
[...]
It won't be much of a problem for long however, as I'm placing a humbucker to in the bridge, as well as replacing the neck and mid pups. I'll have to route the guitar for the humbucker to be placed in, but it will be worth it. I've also ordered a pear white HSS pickguard, to further make the aesthetics more awesome.[...]

Quote by CL/\SH
It's the cream of the crop as far as MIMs are concerned, read my review. This thing says MIM on the headstock, but feels a lot like an MIA, aside the pups.

Ooh wonderful then! HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Y00p
It's always great to see a NGD where someone is so completely happy with their new guitar, even if it's not completely geared towards their genre.

HNGD!

Thanks!

Once I'm finished with all the modding she'll be more than capable of doing everything I need.
Quote by CL/\SH

It won't be much of a problem for long however, as I'm placing a humbucker to in the bridge, as well as replacing the neck and mid pups. I'll have to route the guitar for the humbucker to be placed in, but it will be worth it. I've also ordered a pear white HSS pickguard, to further make the aesthetics more awesome.

Strats don't need humbuckers, they're perfect the way they are.

Ah well, HNGD.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by FloyDZeD

Strats don't need humbuckers, they're perfect the way they are.

Ah well, HNGD.

Thanks anyway

I'm routing it tomorrow and putting on an old humbucker from my first strat, I'll update with pics when I've finished.

But once the new pups come in, I'll be set
Quote by CL/\SH
Thanks!

Once I'm finished with all the modding she'll be more than capable of doing everything I need.

Ever try the Hot Fender Noiseless pickups or Kinman pickups? They're single coil but they do the same thing has humbuckers.
No I haven't, but do you think they'd be up to par with a normal sized bucker?
Quote by CL/\SH
No I haven't, but do you think they'd be up to par with a normal sized bucker?

Most definitely and it will save you the trouble of routing your guitar. They get rid of the hum and have far higher outputs then most single coils. They are a bit pricey but I'd say it's worth it, I put kinmans in my stratocaster and it was an amazing change. It still kept that strat sound but when you played metal there was a huge difference.
Last edited by SmokeJs at Jul 16, 2010,
i would like to take that from you.

HNGD!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay
Quote by SmokeJs
Most definitely and it will save you the trouble of routing your guitar. They get rid of the hum and have far higher outputs then most single coils. They are a bit pricey but I'd say it's worth it, I put kinmans in my stratocaster and it was an amazing change. It still kept that strat sound but when you played metal there was a huge difference.

I'll take em into consideration. The Kinmans looked a bit too much but those Fender hots looked like a steal.

And thanks to the others who posted
Moar pictures up in the OP! And I need more pickup suggestions, I'm goin for either a stacked single coil or single coil sized humbucker, like the Hot Rails. The more suggestions the better
I have the same guitar but in surf green =D

the neck for me took some getting used to, I usually prefer thicker necks, but this guitar really grew on me. She's a keeper. Happy NGD!
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
^Thanks!