I just got my 3rd mockingbird guitar today. This one is the same as my 2nd one in that it also has a tremelo. I got it today and put the same strings on it as my 2nd guitar and this is what is going on. The picture explains it better than I can.
There are springs you can access through the back panel that if you tighten, will pull the trem into the cavity more. You'll have to loosen the strings and retune when you're done.
You'll need to re-intonate and possibly adjust the action as well if that's the issue.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

thank you, come again.

edit- to give you a head start: you will need to loosen the springs in the back of the guitar just a little. then retune and intonate.

have fun, and please use the stickies.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I didnt say it before but I tightened the screws while watching the gap there and nothing changed. There are more spots for additional springs if that will work. I dont want to tighten the screws in all the way. I dont know much about how this part of the guitar works. I am planning on taking it into a shop tomorrow if I cant figure it out.
how many springs does it have? you can get away with two if your strings are .9, but anything above that needs 3.

if you need to buy another spring, remember it needs to be stretched out just like a string. simply install it and "divebomb" your heart out for about 15 minutes.

remember, you have to screw in the screws in the back a little, retune, screw the screws in, and retune again. and repeat. try that.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

You dont need to tighten the springs in the rear cavity. There is meant to be a gap there, its a floating trem, and if anything, you need to loosen the springs to get the baseplate parallel to the body.
Quote by littlephil
You dont need to tighten the springs in the rear cavity. There is meant to be a gap there, its a floating trem, and if anything, you need to loosen the springs to get the baseplate parallel to the body.

geez i need to go to bed..

yes, he is correct. but to fix the floyd so it is parallel with the body it will need to be adjusted.

Thanks for catching that.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by conor1148
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
thank you, come again.

have fun, and please use the stickies.

THIS. Stickies were made for a reason. People put a lot of time into them, so use them. Read through that thread, and if you still have questions, ask THERE. Thank you.

reported for close.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
THIS. Stickies were made for a reason. People put a lot of time into them, so use them. Read through that thread, and if you still have questions, ask THERE. Thank you.

reported for close.

Woa! Don't get all butthurt about people not using stickies now! If they wanted people to use them they would make the forum index more readable and not like a mix of icons and numbers that I don't even want to look at.
Quote by Avogadro
Woa! Don't get all butthurt about people not using stickies now! If they wanted people to use them they would make the forum index more readable and not like a mix of icons and numbers that I don't even want to look at.

thats not how it works, man. this forum is powered by vBulletin, meaning that it is based on that software. If you dont like how UG is layed out, go complain to the folks that made the vBulletin software. we do the best we can with what we have. if you are too lazy to take the time to read, that's your problem.