Poll: hMM?
Poll Options
View poll results: hMM?
Yes, you can teach her and it will be non-tensioned.
35 47%
No. She will drown you in her panties.
17 23%
ololololol **** her anyway
23 31%
Voters: 75.
Are guitar lessons and a non-flirty atmosphere compatible?

My friend wants to learn guitar and she wants me to teach her. I think she might kind of like me but I don't really think of her as more than a friend.

Can I teach her without her thinking it means something non-platonic?
The playground of the world
Yeah just don't get your **** out and you'll be fine.
But do it for 'teh lulz' anyway.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Well I've had several guitar teachers, and to the best of my knowledge I've never had sex with any of them.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
go for it. as far as i know, its a win-win for you either way
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Yeah I think it is possible as long as you watch how you teach her. For instance, sit across from her and show her a chord on your guitar and then make her do it on her own and not come up behind her, put your arms around her and putting your fingers on top of hers. Keep distance.
Go for it.

Worst case scenario: She realized you don't feel the same, gives up.

Best case scenario: You get sex, AND SPREAD THE GIFT OF KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!

There's probably some other scenarios, but it's midnight and I'm not fully awake right now, and don't feel like thinking any harder at the moment.
Quote by :Vicious--
go for it. as far as i know, its a win-win for you either way

See that's where you haven't seen the girl.
There will probably be sexual tension.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
inb4 positions/fingering comments.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Are you FVCKING high TS?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by deathdrummer
Are you FVCKING high TS?

No, I am not.

She is not attractive and I'm interested in a different girl.
Quote by Eddie4President
See that's where you haven't seen the girl.

well then, i assume she's ugly so.... teach her and keep your distance like the other guy said. she cant be THAT bad can she?
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Are you mature?

The answer to this question answers whether this is a good idea.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Are you mature?

The answer to this question answers whether this is a good idea.

Oh, Steve.
i dunno, something about "proper fingering" gets girls riled no matter how Bill Stein i try to take myself...

Quote by damien_41
inb4 positions/fingering comments.

you sumbitch
Last edited by btones at Jul 16, 2010,
If she tries to go further and you don't want it to just tell her.
Como te
Oh please, I've done it a fair few times. If you're just friends, why should this be any different from hanging out otherwise?
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Well yeah there might be tension. But she might not actually "like" you, so you might be safe. Your worst case scenario is better than alot of guys here...heh heh...but seriously, just go for it. when you explain the "g string" don't say the "string" part, dont say "fingering", uhh say something else. worst situation is you end up going at it at a lesson. now if only my girlfriend had a interest in learning guitar...
Quote by StewieSwan
That's how i hooked up with my last gf
+1
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Buy a Spider III and play on insanely brootal death drive. It will temporarily kill any sexual feelings inside her, and she might even hate you.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by btones
i dunno, something about "proper fingering" gets girls riled no matter how Bill Stein i try to take myself...

you sumbitch

It's Ben Stein. This guy:

Anyway, I was going to say "I've never seen a Female Guitar lolz", but now I see that is covered. So maybe you should just do the teaching and if she moves, tell her how you feel. She might not come back.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.