with so many different models of boss delays what are the major differences? Mainly im wondering about tone wise, are they all tone wise the same, like warmth and all? Never been a big boss fan, just wondering seeing how im looking for another delay. I have heard the dd3 is one of the better ones, but like i said have no experience in the boss delay area.
I think DD-5 is discontinued

Between the 3 and 7, it's all marketing. You want more features? Pay more for the DD-7.

I think Boss' greedy market scheme was the reason behind discontinuing the legendary RV-3. They wanted to make money off both delays and reverbs, because combo pedals are bad for business.
the dd-7 has a pretty great analog feature.... I've been using that "mode" quite a bit lately. Very diffferent applications for the digital and analog settings
Quote by Tedward
I think DD-5 is discontinued

Between the 3 and 7, it's all marketing. You want more features? Pay more for the DD-7.

I think Boss' greedy market scheme was the reason behind discontinuing the legendary RV-3. They wanted to make money off both delays and reverbs, because combo pedals are bad for business.

Nobody wanted the RV-3 when it was being sold. Boss is the same as any other business, why bother making something that's not selling?

The DD series is pretty great. Just go for the features you need.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I have a DD-3. I love it. I mainly use that one for the hold function.

I also have an akai headrush i use for tap-tempo and i've had a couple DL-4s for expression delay times.

If i only needed one delay, of the options you're talking i'd get a DD-7, hands down. options for days.

Or... you could be super hip and get a boss DM-3... gear snobs will think you're cool.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."