Should I be worried about this trem? I would like a guitar with a floyd style bridge and these seem to be cheap and people seem to like them(The RG series I mean). Now I have heard they go bad anywhere between 6 to 12 months and If I'm gonna spend money on a guitar I don't want that to happen of course. Any help or suggetions would be greatly appreciated
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
No problems with mine. Use 9 gauge strings and set it up correctly.
Searchbar rocks.

General consensus is that it isn't very good. I think this is part of the UG bias as elsewhere I tend to hear less negative things, but here at least they are considered quite bad.

They even have their own thread, ergo the searchbar mention.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572878
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
Quote by laxduck
Searchbar rocks.

General consensus is that it isn't very good. I think this is part of the UG bias as elsewhere I tend to hear less negative things, but here at least they are considered quite bad.

They even have their own thread, ergo the searchbar mention.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572878
I'm new to the forums my bad. It's funny cause I'm usually the one telling people to use the searchbar in the other forums I frequent.
My Gear:
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
The construction is fine, but the metal is lower quality. If you plan on using the trem a little, it's great. If you're going to use it a lot, nothing compares to an authentic Floyd Rose. Or a high-end Kahler or Wilkenson, if you prefer those.

Also if you lose or break parts, they're harder to get, as they are not interchangable with regular FR parts and Ibanez changes the trems every few years. For a budget alternative, I'd recommend a Jackson or Schecter. Those are 'licensed' Floyds ... same specs are the real deal, not as good construction. It you buy a Jackson and decide later you want a real FR, 99% of the time you can put out the licensed one and put in the real one.

But again ... if you don't expect to use the trem a lot, or it isn't your main guitar, Ibanez is great.
Yeah I'm one of those peole who would end up doing Dimebag stuff cause I can lol. If I use something, I over use it to the point where I wear it out. Kinda like when you find a new song and you play it over and over. A lot of people would probably get annoyed with me but oh well. I have looked up extensively on the different trems. I was just wondering about the ede III and wanted to get some different opinions. Oh well. I was just wondering cause I always liked the RG body better then the S Series. Looks Like I'm getting the Ibanez S420 then cause it has the ZR and I have heard good things about it. An OFR equipped guitar is out of my price range as of right now. Thanks guys
My Gear:
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Last edited by Damaging_Excess at Jul 16, 2010,
I've had mine for about a year and half, and its pretty damn good. I dont use it on every song though, maybe once or twice every 10 or so songs. But it stays in tune pretty well, i can go without taking the nut locks off and retunning from the headstock for about a month or 2.
Damn!!!this is like the 1000th thread on this...

its not as bad as some people want it to be but its not the best either(LFR quality)if you want the best swap it for a original Edge
if you maintain it properly.......sounding like a broken record, it`s a low end bridge on par with a LFR, look after it and like anything you`ll get many years out of it