Page 1 of 2
so i listen to metal but i have this song by death cab for cutie that i like alot and it makes me chill. so any of you have a song that would make your friends say wtf. for example you listen to death metal and you like a song by whitney houston lol
once you are over 18 it doesnt matter anymore.

except if you like justin beiber.
|stay classy|

|badj attack|
I don't identify with genre labels.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I've stopped worrying about it. I'll quite happily listen to reggae and then switch over to death metal with my mp3 player on shuffle.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

I like more than a select type of music. in fact: I like a wide range of music.

Songs I like that make my friends go 'wtf'? songs with lyrics or sound in a way that would make most anyone 'wtf?' i.e. I cum blood. or Vampire (By antsy pants) always by erasure, the funny farm song. etc.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by Next Hendrix
I like more than a select type of music. in fact: I like a wide range of music.

Songs I like that make my friends go 'wtf'? songs with lyrics or sound in a way that would make most anyone 'wtf?' i.e. I cum blood. or Vampire (By antsy pants) always by erasure, the funny farm song. etc.

I am a vampire
I am a vampire
And I have lost my fangs

Quote by cyco_bob56
I am a vampire
I am a vampire
And I have lost my fangs

So I'm sad and I feel lonely
And I cry and I'm very angry
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Quote by cyco_bob56
And I hate some garlic
So I'm no more sad
And ache yeah yeah

I am a vampire and I'm looking in the city
But the pretty girls don't look at me
Don't look at me
Cause I don't have my fangs
Cause I have lost my fangs
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
I listen to almost every genre out there. Black metal one minute, classical the next.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I listen to instrumental rock, but I listen to Lady Gaga a lot.

And use punctuation.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

i like pop. usually my music is rock/metal but old pop gets the best of me
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Tedward
Artist: Merzbow

Album: Oersted

there are people who actually listen to this? ok i knew this, just never thought i'd hear someone say it... or see him/her write it for that matter.
on topic, i have a really wide taste in music. doesn't surprise anyone anymore. in december i will go see finntroll live, yet today i will listen to acid king and possibly lou reed.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Quote by In The Mist
Many people already know me for having a strangely wide taste in music.

This.

Quote by Vornik
I don't identify with genre labels.

And this to an extent.
Quote by LReiter
there are people who actually listen to this? ok i knew this, just never thought i'd hear someone say it... or see him/her write it for that matter.
on topic, i have a really wide taste in music. doesn't surprise anyone anymore. in december i will go see finntroll live, yet today i will listen to acid king and possibly lou reed.

Japanoise is amazing stuff
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I DON'T LIKE but I can listen to something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmqEmdMWes when I'm a bit drunk. It's called turbo folk and is very popular in ex-Yugoslavia.
(This is a synchronization video.)
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
I'll be listening to the stuff I usually listen to in the car with people, fairly mainstream hard rock/heavy metal (AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, Van Halen etc) and then some latino rap will come on and it will be incredibly awesome... and the people in my car will be uncomfortable
I like alot of music, my own taste is alot of stoner, grunge, kind of 90s kind of stuff, but because i have been studying music for a while it has opened me up to alot of jazz and blues, some classical as well. I also have some friends who like alot of emo and post hardcore kind of stuff, some of which i really do like, and some of it i absolutely hate (not to mention the style).

I think it would surprise people if i said i like Outkast (although i don't know why someone wouldn't like them), i also have alot of friends who listen to dubstep, which i can take for a little while, but it becomes really ****ing annoying after a little while.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Psihodeliko
I DON'T LIKE but I can listen to something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmqEmdMWes when I'm a bit drunk. It's called turbo folk and is very popular in ex-Yugoslavia.
(This is a synchronization video.)

That was a really cool song man, but with the video, oh wow

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
I think the interviews with the guys playing the Mayhem Fest this year in August's Guitar World said it best. You shouldn't be "embarassed" to listen to music that you like. Just because it doesn't fit in with your typical or preferred style doesn't mean you should feel bad for liking it.

I listen to more hard rock/metal type stuff, but I also enjoy listening to Nickelback, Maroon 5, Daughtry and stuff. If I like it, I listen to it.
"Sugar we're going down" by Fall Out Boy. I know all the words as well.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
My friends know that I listen to a lot of different stuff. They've just gotten used to hearing Cro-Mags followed by Arthur Conley, Ricky Nelson,Ornette Coleman,Buena Vista Social Club,The Aggrolites or Beach Boys . I guess if you like the music you shouldn't really care what other people think.
Quote by mr freezy
"Sugar we're going down" by Fall Out Boy. I know all the words as well.

So do i dude.

I also know the words to "workhorse" by Mastodon as well, so i guess that kind of evens it out.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Going from Parkway Drive, to Eminem, to Porcupine Tree confuses my friends.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Usually people seem to think I'm a metalhead and listen to Slayer, Metallica and stuff like that. I even wear Pink Floyd t-shirts sometimes and still get the 'metalhead' thing. Maybe black clothes instantly mean you're a metalhead

I actually listen to prog (metal and rock) the most and post-rock/ambient. I even listen to some indie stuff that a friend of mine keeps recommending me.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
I listen to a variety of genres but I guess my friends know that I listen to punk most - crimpshrine, op ivy, fang, things like that - and they are usually surprised when they find things like songs by Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift on my ipod
I listen just about everything, but a lot of my iPod consists of metal. A lot of my my friends also listen to metal, and know me as pretty metal guy, so when I suggested they listen to Foxy Shazam they were all "wat" but now they're hooked too.
TS, sorry to break it to you this way, but you do not listen to death metal, judging by your profile.

Hm, I'd consider my taste in music somewhat broad, and my friends haven't the foggiest what I listen to anyway. Albeit I guess they would be a bit surprised if they found out that I enjoy the odd Lady Gaga song from time to time.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Probably Prince to be honest.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by LReiter

I don't listen to it, but I do enjoy it once in a while. Just kind of refreshing. Especially when you show it to someone.

The album I listed is one of hundreds by that artist. It sells for $75 on eBay.

So I guess it's more of a novelty yet still I think it will become an important part of music history. He already is really.
Quote by that guy again
That was a really cool song man, but with the video, oh wow

Oh was it? How about this?
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat. - Douglas Adams
Page 1 of 2