What do bands have to do to put covers of other peoples' songs on their cd?

Besides the learning the song and recording it
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Make it a single and have the proceeds donated to charity.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Permission from the original artist and probably distributor so you don't violate copyright.
How does one go about getting permission for that?
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
all you have to do is print a thig that says i wish to use this song on my album and send it to to the dudes who made the song.
You must find the original creator of the song and draw him into a dark cavern beneath the city on a full moon night. The path before him must be strewn with the entrails of a thousand sacrificed bulls, and you must stand at the end of that path, a golden-handled, curved dagger in your right hand, a mirror in your left, and on your head, the nest of a bald eagle. Chanting an ancient Egyptian spell, you must slowly approach him, until suddenly you tackle him while screaming oaths to Isis. With the dagger, carefully shave all hair from his face and neck. Then, toss the dagger aside and tear his chest open with your bear hands. Reaching inside his chest cavity, pull out his still-beating heart and take a triumphant bite from it, then thrust it skyward. Finally, draw a hexagon around his body with his blood. That should just about do it.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
You must find the original creator of the song and draw him into a dark cavern beneath the city on a full moon night. The path before him must be strewn with the entrails of a thousand sacrificed bulls, and you must stand at the end of that path, a golden-handled, curved dagger in your right hand, a mirror in your left, and on your head, the nest of a bald eagle. Chanting an ancient Egyptian spell, you must slowly approach him, until suddenly you tackle him while screaming oaths to Isis. With the dagger, carefully shave all hair from his face and neck. Then, toss the dagger aside and tear his chest open with your bear hands. Reaching inside his chest cavity, pull out his still-beating heart and take a triumphant bite from it, then thrust it skyward. Finally, draw a hexagon around his body with his blood. That should just about do it.

What if its Billy Corgan?

and thanks to all who answered
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
Quote by Next Hendrix
What if its Billy Corgan?

and thanks to all who answered
You will still have to shave his eyebrows.
kill all humans
Arterial: Why do I wanna say that's an EQ reference?

alaskan_ninja: Ah of course!
Quote by Nomack

This is my sig!
What if he is dead already?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Now what would you do if you wanted to cover Satch? Is there anything to shave? I guess that's what Coldplay did.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
TS, there is a thread about copyrighting and covers and everything you could ever need to know on UG somewhere. Search for it. Maybe if I'm nice enough I'll find it for you.

Quote by Pencil Man
Now what would you do if you wanted to cover Satch? Is there anything to shave? I guess that's what Coldplay did.

Satch's head. Oh wait.....
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by Pencil Man

Quote by holycow
Satch's head. Oh wait.....

Quote by Pencil Man
The eyebrows, man. The eyebrows.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
The eyebrows, man. The eyebrows.

Or his arms
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.