Does anyone here play chess regularly?
Lately i've been more interested in playing it it's a really fun and sophisticated game.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I've recently started playing again. Usually with my gf or her little bro.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Yeah, I play everyday against the computer. It is really fun, requires lots of thinking.
Also very satisfying, when you win in the end.
Quote by oxymorcide
Yeah, I play everyday against the computer. It is really fun, requires lots of thinking.
Also very satisfying, when you win in the end.

I never win even against the computer on easy
I suck at openings I never get it right.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Took a summer camp course on it.

I was the only cool kid in the class.

And that class sucked

However despite the losers, I love chess.
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
"My computer beat me at chess, but then I beat him at kickboxing."
Felt like that was relevant
I play every once in a while. It's quite fun when you play against a challenging opponent, which are none cause I'm so good.
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by actaderock
love chess, wwe should make a UG chess tournament one of these days

We should totally make one.
Where can you host one?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by actaderock
love chess, wwe should make a UG chess tournament one of these days

or start a thread where people just play each other either on an online game or use the "keeping score" system?
Quote by gsd65
or start a thread where people just play each other either on an online game or use the "keeping score" system?

thats what i was thinking of, make a group, have some admins, organize schedules and make them play online, we should search for chess tournament hostings though, just in case it exists
Quote by actaderock
thats what i was thinking of, make a group, have some admins, organize schedules and make them play online, we should search for chess tournament hostings though, just in case it exists

i think you can do it on pogo.com although im not entirely sure. im down for it though.
Quote by gsd65
i think you can do it on pogo.com although im not entirely sure. im down for it though.

so i guess we should all register at pogo.com
Quote by gsd65
maybe the first course of action is making an "official UG chess tournament/league" first?

sure, do you want me to make the group or are you gonna make it? we invite people and post a thread with a link to the group, we organize the schedules depending on the number of particiipants and i guess we would be ready to go
Quote by actaderock
sure, do you want me to make the group or are you gonna make it? we invite people and post a thread with a link to the group, we organize the schedules depending on the number of particiipants and i guess we would be ready to go

if you want to do it you're more than welcome. ive been around here for awhile but im still somewhat of a noob with everything. let me know what's up with it
Quote by actaderock

I can make one,Do I need to talk to admins first or something?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by gsd65
if you want to do it you're more than welcome. ive been around here for awhile but im still somewhat of a noob with everything. let me know what's up with it

If there end up being big time differences as the rounds drag on (say, someone from Scotland faces someone from the US in the final and no one time is convenient for them), I have seen a chess site where you could take hours/days in between moves, and it'll save your game. It was kind of designed for games that can't be completed at once. I just can't remember the site...

EDIT: Well, this isn't the same site I was talking about, but it's pretty much the same thing

http://www.chess.com/echess/
Last edited by kirbyrocknroll at Jul 16, 2010,
For there to be a tournament we need to see whos interested,so far we have like 6 people?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
For there to be a tournament we need to see whos interested,so far we have like 6 people?

you should really make a thread stating that there might be a *possible* chess tournament if enough people are interested. then act according to your results

im interested as well
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I used to be really into chess. I was awesome at it a couple years ago! Haven't played in awhile, I probably suck now...

I made an offical thread,post there.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson