Its technically not a "New" guitar day, as I got it this past Christmas at Queste Musique in Winnipeg. However, I have had the chance to break it in, and she feels great. (Review may be a bit long. Pics at the bottom.)

Specs:
Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access / 25.5”
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Mahogany
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Ebony
FRETS: 24 Jumbo
INLAYS: Dual-Ply "Nautical Star"
PICKUPS: Schecter SuperRockII w/ matching covers
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone (tap)/3-Way
BRIDGE: TonePros TOM w/thru-body
TUNERS: Grover

Review time!

She plays amazingly. Its just right for my hand when chording, but does hurt the highest knuckle of my thumb when chugging. I'll get used to it. I don't mind the painted neck, but I don't really remember playing an unpainted neck, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I'm no shredder, and the neck's fast enough for me.

Body: The body is made of mahogany, and after a while, doesn't seem all that heavy, or take much effort to keep up. Great cream binding against the scarlet red body, and it makes for amazing contrast. The top, when not finger-print marked and slightly dusty from my case, is awesome to behold. I don't think it's book matched, the "shapes" of the waves seem to be nearly the same, and are red on one side, and black on the other. It also has a great tummy cut, which makes everything so much easier. The top of the body is also contoured. The bridge, pups, and centre of the body seem to be raised above the rest of the body. Almost like an arch-top. All the frets are easy to reach, and a little bit more effort is needed for the 24th of the low E.

Sound: I can get an amazing amount of sounds out of this guitar, even with a C standard tuning. I can be chugging one minute, and after pulling out the tone pot, for a coil split, and switching to the neck pup can get a pretty good ska-like sound playing 6th chords, and a pretty convincing Strat-like tone.

I've played Cream, Kyuss, Eagles, Deftones, Thrice, random jazz songs, Wolfmother, Pop and Rock-Pop, Modest Mouse, Muse, Rage Against The Machine, Cat Empire, and The Beatles on her, and she's handled it great, without any doubts in my mind of even possibly needing a new guitar.

Con: The one possible drawback is that it is in the middle of the road. I'm not sure if its the pick-ups or the rest of the guitar, but I can't quite seem to get the heaviness I want. But its still awesome. Also the weird string thru bridge, and the slightly limiting pickups.

The TOM bridge is also quite good. Easy as heck to lower the action (Thanks Jenny ) And being a hardtail, it handles all my tunings well. Its a slight bitch to string, as it is a string thru, and the holes for it are weird. theres a smaller exit on top of the body than there is on the bottom.

I haven't found any loosening of the pots or switches so far, so good craftsmanship, and there seem to be no sharp, or straight edges at all on the guitar. Except for maybe the headstock. Everything is rounded and contoured to the players body. I love the fact that there are no inlays on this guitar. Its made me a more confident player as I don't have anything I need to look at, and its more or less just muscle memory now, of where the strings are on the neck.

Its an elegant, powerful guitar that in better hands than mine, would make any guitarist proud.

Da Pronz! Please enjoy responsibly. (I also put red strings on her, which have kind of crapped out on me now, but its still sexy)

Body shot

Side Profile

Back

Quilt up close (Very dusty. Its fixed now.)

Neck Heel

Me and my baby

The Family

Sorry about massive pics. And strap locks are amazing. Cant believe I went on so long without them, AND they crapped on on me with this guitar.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
if your not gonna use the sg than give it to me, honestly why would you ever need another guitar after having that.....im all butthurt now thanks alot

LOVE THE SHEETS
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Last edited by Skagasm at Jul 16, 2010,
I'm sorry. But me and the SG have a near "look but dont touch" policy. Its got enough stress breaks as is. If I did play it, it'd be for the studio, and not gigging. She's great to play too.

EDIT: And I just caught your edit. Thanks
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
nice collection! i like the red strings, but those things never hold their color for more than 5 minutes too bad, they do look great on there!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I saw that second pic, thought it was the neck, shat bricks and then realised it was the body :p

HNGD!
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
HNGD

but why are you using those silly coloured strings? I'm sure they will just leave gunk all over your guitar?
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
HNGD! Colored strings look cool, and your SG is one of the first that has ever appealed to me! congrats on that too
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Yeah what kind of strings are those? And since you downtune, curious as to their gauge as well...
Quote by Concat
Yeah what kind of strings are those? And since you downtune, curious as to their gauge as well...

I think they were 10's. And they were DR Red Devil strings. I can bend the high E to where my G string should be. I think I can bend it 4 half steps up.

Quote by raptor-paul
HNGD
but why are you using those silly coloured strings? I'm sure they will just leave gunk all over your guitar?

They did kind of "shave" off, all the red stuff, but it was great for the first while. You can see where you play most
And i broke my high E before taking these pics, so thats why its silver and not red.

And I know there's the iconic '59 Les Paul and the early Fender Strats and Teles to compete with, but its still amazing to hold history in your hands. To have one of the first SG's before it was an SG.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Last edited by AWACS at Jul 17, 2010,
looks like something marty friedman would play

those strings are awesome btw
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
HNGD!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That's not a quilt top, it's a flame top.

Very nice guitar tho, congrats.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
That's not a quilt top, it's a flame top.

Very nice guitar tho, congrats.

Crap, my bad. Didn't think it was a quilt, but whatever, still sexy.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive