I am leaving for college in a couple of months and have to start thinking of what i am going to need to bring. Being dorms are small and I have to live with others I am not sure what can bring to where its to much of my gear and it being to loud. I have a 75 w line 6 that is my favorite amp and I don't know if that would be to big of a amp to bring. I also would like to bring at least one acoustic and one electric and a bass but possible more. I just want to know what do you think is reasonable for a small dorm that i will have to share with a roommate.
Quote by melvinator24
I am leaving for college in a couple of months and have to start thinking of what i am going to need to bring. Being dorms are small and I have to live with others I am not sure what can bring to where its to much of my gear and it being to loud. I have a 75 w line 6 that is my favorite amp and I don't know if that would be to big of a amp to bring. I also would like to bring at least one acoustic and one electric and a bass but possible more. I just want to know what do you think is reasonable for a small dorm that i will have to share with a roommate.

About 4 4X12 orange cabs and 4 100watt JCM Marshall heads!!!!
sell your Line 6 spider and get and Egnater Tweaker. I don't know about you but I only had the space in my dorm for one guitar and a practice amp.
Quote by Sputnik1
sell your Line 6 spider and get and Egnater Tweaker. I don't know about you but I only had the space in my dorm for one guitar and a practice amp.

If you're in a dorm, you're going to need something with a headphone jack. If you intend to play with people it also has to be loud... the Tweaker is a great amp but lacks a headphone jack.

I say Vypyr Tube 60.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
If you're in a dorm, you're going to need something with a headphone jack. If you intend to play with people it also has to be loud... the Tweaker is a great amp but lacks a headphone jack.

I say Vypyr Tube 60.

hell, most people were louder with their laptop music and stereo systems than guitar amps anyways. if you're too loud, the worst that could happen is get asked to turn it down.
True, but sometimes you may have to be quieter than quiet (or you're so quiet that you can't even hear yourself), so an amp with a headphone jack is still something nice to have.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So long as you can play super quiet I don't think headphones are necessary (but then again I have a cube15 for that).

You'd be surprised what people can hear when you think you're playing quiet haha, from personal experience I know I ticked a lot of people off last year playing a champ 600 at like 4 on the volume. However I've been dialing down my AC15 quite nicely!

Also, as resident assistant, I'd talk to my roommate about bringing all that gear in before hand. If the dorms are super small then I'd only bring the essentials as it's not always the best idea to have $1239912391 in gear lying around. If you want more then you can bring more in, since the last thing you want is an annoyed roommate and a crowded room.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Doesn't the spider have a headphone jack? If it's not physically too big just take it. Is that a combo? You don't have to turn it up but you may want some volume available for jam sessions. Plus being a spider, nobody will steal it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i've got an orange crush 10 which has a headphone jack. i'm taking that to college.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by melvinator24

1.) Why do you need a college with dorms?

2.) You're not majoring in English I hope.

3.) Peavey Vypyr Tube
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90