So, I found someone selling a pink jazz bass copy on craigslist. It looks nice. Looks like a real Jazz bass. I'm going to try to check it out this weekend. But I was thinking of getting it and just adding a few mods to it. Like...real Jazz bass knobs and some Fender '60's Jazz Bass pick ups. The bass itself is going for $120 and I'd be spending like...$150 on that. But, it looks amazing. I love pink. xD

Do you guys think I should go for it?
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Quote by Zycho
If it plays good and sounds good, go for it.

Well, if I replace the pick ups, it's most likely going to sound good. I have yet to play it. The drive up to the person's house will be crazy but I really want to play it.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
why replace knobs??? surely they're just purely aesthetic???
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
why replace knobs??? surely they're just purely aesthetic???

The knobs are $12.

And plus, I want it to look like a real jazz bass.
This is the Custom:
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
new Pickups don't necessisarily = great sound. (and vice-versa: cheap pickups don't necessisarily = bad sound)

Neck alignment, bridge, body wood, strings, electronics and personal style all impact the tone as well.

If the bass has a crappy neck and a lousy bridge, new pickups won't do shit.

What make is it?
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
If you want it to look like a real Jazz Bass, then why don't you just save up money for one, and then get it painted pink? It may cost more, but I'm sure you would be much happier having a real Jazz than a cheap copy that looks like one.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
What brand is it? When you say Jazz Bass copy, and follow with $120, it makes me think of a copy bass with shoddy QC and made out of mystery wood. If it is, then new pickups and knobs will not turn it into the real deal.

My advice: If you want a real Jazz Bass, get a real Jazz Bass. A new Squier Vintage Modified Jazz or a used MIM Fender Jazz should both run you $300. Those would be worth upgrading in the future, and you can always get it repainted (or DIY and you'll only pay the cost of the paint and finish).
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I emailed the dude some questions. What kind of wood is it? Is the neck aligned properly? What kind of bridge is it? So on and so on. I mean, I'd like to get an MIM jazz bass and mod the pick ups and paint it, but, I don't know any shops that paint guitars, and my paint skills are really the greatest.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Nolanrox
I I don't know any shops that paint guitars, and my paint skills are really the greatest.

Do it yourself then!!! Only joking, I know what you meant

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom