How much dya guys think it would cost to fix the reverb on a Fender HRD, the guy is selling it about £50 cheaper because of it, is it an easy fix or may it cost alot to fix?

Thanks
Depends what's wrong with the reverb. It could be something as simple as the RCA cables not being plugged into the tank properly, or something being wrong with the reverb recovery circuit.

If it's a used HRD and he's selling it for 50 pounds off the brand new price, then that's a pretty terrible deal. You could get a used HRD, with working reverb, for much cheaper than what they go for brand new.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I meant it is £50 off the used price which on ebay at the minute is about £260, so he is asking £200..
At worst you'll have to replace the tank (they do still use a real spring yes?). It's a job any dill can do. You can pick up a new accutronics tank for about £25.00 (I just looked on ebay.co.uk). That's pretty much your worst case scenario.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Sure, but what if the circuit itself has an issue? Then you're paying a tech by the hour to diagnose and fix it, and it could easily cost more than £50. It's only cheap if you know what the problem is.
Of course, replacing the driver tube and re-seating the tank plugs will almost certainly fix it. It's a bit of a gamble, but I'd go for it.
Quote by Roc8995
Sure, but what if the circuit itself has an issue? Then you're paying a tech by the hour to diagnose and fix it, and it could easily cost more than £50. It's only cheap if you know what the problem is.
Of course, replacing the driver tube and re-seating the tank plugs will almost certainly fix it. It's a bit of a gamble, but I'd go for it.

When have you ever seen a spring reverb fail when it wasn't either the cable or the tank?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Including tubes in that list, only twice.
One was an old silverface twin where a resistor had come loose, and the other is Kyle's Bandmaster Reverb. As far as I know he still doesn't know what's wrong with it.

So yeah, probably not a huge risk to buy it.