Hi, I have a markbass mini cmd 151p combo amp and also using a multi effect with it. But the problem is the sound coming out with the effect is really bad. When I use headphone with the effect by it self...it sound really good but when i plug it into the amp...it sound really bad...i tried many multi effect with it and they all sound bad...i dont know if it's my configuration. I turned off all the amp and cab modelling on the effect and plug it into send/return on the amp and it is still bad

can someone help me with this...i never have this problem with guitar amp
What multi fx? Could be your bass amp sounds like shit overall.
Last edited by Ascendant at Jul 16, 2010,
^not that amp

I've found that I have to use the pre amp on my multiFX pedal or it sounds liike crap. Are you using the pre amp or are you bypassing it?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
the amp sounds fine by itself

i try using korg pandora px4d and line 6 bass pod xt and they both sound crappy out of the amp.

I bypass the preamp and cab model on the effect....i try using the preamp on the effect and the 2 preamp stacking (amp & effect)...the sound just sound too thick...and you dont hear the actually effect clearly.....
It's the multi.

The ONLY one i've ever held onto was a Zoom... but it was because of its headphone input.

If you find effects are an integral part of your sound, invest in single pedals.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by bure82
is there no way of getting around this

The only way i've heard a multi sound decent is when they are being DI'd. If you record DI'd into a computer, a multi isn't bad to keep around at all.

Which effects are you using? Are you just experimenting? There are plenty on single effect pedals that do a great job that can be had for less than $50 (most used).
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Im just testing right now. At first i thought it was the effect itself until i got another effect and the quality is just the same. I never had this problem with guitar effect with guitar amp so im wondering what is causing this